AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 7.1 setup, which of these two brands would you recommend?

My budget is $6,000 for preamp/processor and amps.

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
With that budget, definitely the Anthem. The Outlaw is a fine piece, as far as it goes. It just doesn't go as far as the Anthem ;).

You should be able to find the AVM 20 for around $2800. That leaves more than enough for seven very capable amp channels (Anthem, B&K, Aragon, for my money)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I agree with Mr. George that the Outlaw doesn't go as far as the Anthem, but does the Anthem go $2000.00 further? I checked out the AVM 20 before I bought my Outlaw, and once I got it settled into the system, I am very glad I saved the extra money. The Outlaw at least for me performs well beyond what I expected for $900.00. I won't get into a feature by feature comparison, but the only minor gripes I have with the Outlaw are that I can't read the display from my seating position, and the fact that it doesn't save speaker settings in individual surround modes is annoying until, like most other things, you get used to it. Now that all the Outlaw dust has settled, I think they have a real winner. The 770 amp is a knockout as well. The two of them paired up are pretty formidable considering the price.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I also own a 950 and agree that its outstanding for the price. But from what I've read and heard the AVM-20 is also outstanding for its price. With your budget, you seem to be looking for some pretty serious gear. And therefore think you'd be happier with the higher end Anthem piece. I probably would have gone that way, budget permitting, myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.