AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I got the Anthem AVM 20. Really like it. I am using it in a 5.1 setup. Video tapes sound much better. So does TV. I have been using DD+PLII what modes do you use?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I use very few actually. I only have a 5.1 system, so I am limited to those modes.

I listen to two channel CD's in Anthemlogic-Cinema almost exclusively. I like the use of the center channel and the ambient surrounds in this mode.

TV I use Dolby Pro Logic II. I like it much better than Anthemlogic-Cinema in this regard. Surrounds seem more prominent this way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For TV/Sat 2 channel veiwing I use AnthemLogic Cinema. I really like the natural way the Anthem creates 7 channels out of 2. When I switch to a Sat channel that uses 5.1, the processor automatically switches to DD5.1 (I'm using optical inputs). This combination seems ideal.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have been experimenting for sure. I love the AnthemLogic Music setting for music. I am amazed at how authentic this maintains the stereo imaging yet adds ambience. Truly remarkable.

As for movie/TV - I have been leaving the THX processing on as I find it smooths out the centre channel a lot. I would agree that PLII is a quantum leap for stereo programming.

Endless hours of tweaking!!!!:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.