AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i just got a pair of reference 3.5...i am using anticable speaker wire...I wanted to ask about the second woofer coil, Can i bi amp the speakers rather than using the gallo BAM..pls advice..thxs

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I would just bi-wire them using four pairs of 12 gauge wire.

They do not draw enough current for bi-amping to be of any benefit.

One good stereo amplifier is better, for the same money, as the two amplifiers you could buy for the price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1468357/anthony-gallo-3-5#post_23209200

I would just bi-wire them using four pairs of 12 gauge wire.

They do not draw enough current for bi-amping to be of any benefit.

One good stereo amplifier is better, for the same money, as the two amplifiers you could buy for the price.
2013-04-17 15.24.42.jpg 2036k .jpg file

do you mean this....also do i need to connect anu resistors

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would be sure to take a look at the manual. The second woofer voice coil is not really intended to operate the full range of the other voice coil. I don't think you necessarily need to use the Gallo amp but you would want something with an input level control to match the levels and also a crossover at 80 hz. I believe the Gallo amp has these functions. You should also be able to use the sub outs of a home theater receiver to do the job. Another way to go would be if you could find an old, used Richter scale cross-over EQ and this would also give the benefit of EQ. Ideally you would want a receiver with XT32 as it has functionality for two subwoofers. I run mine with a tube amp and crossed over at 80 hz so I would not be using the second woofer coil in any event. The primary woofer coil has response up to around 500 hz and I think this really helps the tone of the bass as opposed to the Stradas.

Just my two cents and I would definitely check the manual and/or contact Gallo through their facebook page. They seem very nice there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.