AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these speakers, and they are pretty amazing.

They are relatively small, and yet they are 98% as good in every area of performance.as my Vandersteen 3A speakers at my other house. They bring out the details in the music with a pristine clarity that is unheard-of at this price level ($1599/pair).

One-third the price and one-third the size of the Vandersteens and yet they put out incredible amounts of sound with detail and refinement that just blows me away. The bass they put out defies their size. Lovers of any music, especially classical and jazz, are going to be buying these like hotcakes when they hear them.

Two of the best speakers I know of for under $4000 are the KEF Q900 and the Paradigm Reference Studio 60, which I have considered, and these are better-sounding (except the Q900 has super-low bass of course).

They are supposed to sound better after 50-80-hours of cone break-in....hmmmmm. Only about 5 hours on mine so far.

Note-there are no dealers where you can hear them at this time, but they give you 60 days in-home trial and pay shipping both ways, so you can hear them for free.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on your cl-3's. I am looking at either the 3 or the 4 but have not been able to find any kind of comparison between them. The 3's are getting great reviews, did you by chance get to listen to the 4's at all?

Thanks

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts