AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I got my 4 Gallo Micros in the mail....

Even though it is still a month away until I move (where the Gallos will be mated on the wallflower stands) I could not wait to give them a test....

I disconnected my in wall JBLs from the receiver, hooked up the R & L mains to the sub, and the micros to the sub, put on the CD "Drallion"...

.....and was immediately blown away! Maybe I have never had the pleasure of hearing speakers that cost a fortune, but I would not hesitate to recommend these to anyone looking for great sound with a lot of style.

I hooked up a third for a center channel and it is a great center as well. I am sure the Due is better but the Micro is as good or better than my JBL center and 1/4 the size!

·
Banned
178 Posts
I have always recommended Gallo's. I use to own them (not anymore) but they sound simply amazing. Give them a little bit to break in. I honestly don't think there's any speaker that sound better with respect to the size of the unit.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm not sure EXACTLY which Gallo sats they were compared to ,but an extensive comparative review was done between the Gallos and the new Mirage OMNISATS.....iF YOU DO A SEARCH you should find this wonderfully written and detailed review...the Mirage seem to be the sattelites to beat right now....ymmv, imho (but of course I'm right):) :D

·
Banned
178 Posts
you could be correct, I have heard the omnisats. They are alittle bit bigger, and they do have a tweeter in them. The thing is.. they are omnipolar. You either love the sound or you don't. I found that the omnisats were quite spacious.. it works wonders for movies. I did not like how they sounded in music though. Anyhow, it is still a good choice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually with the tweeter being the most directional of all drivers, I would expect that most "full range" drivers like the Gallo's would have VERY wide dispersion anyway ,making them similar in that respect.....

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the dispersion was very wide. It was like having the vocalist standing in the room!

Even my wife (who had been on the B(l)ose trip) after seeing the size factor and hearing them said that they could not hold a candle to these little gems......

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a question that will surely get some debate:

When I set these up permenantly, what speaker wire should I go with. The solid copper core stuff that is suppled is a hassle to work with! Am I best to stick with it?

I know for sure that I will need a longer run for my rear surrounds.

I wont be looking to spend a fortune on wire; just something that works well and is easy to "blend" in

I will be having the hardwood floors refinished before we move in so it may be possible for me to custom hide the wire behind the 1/4 round trim that I will need to install at the base of the moulding at the floor....

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
As a Gallo dealer based in London, I mostly use QED Micro wire. This retails for around $2.40 per meter over here but I'm not sure if QED is available in the states. And yes, they are superb speakers.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Hi PCRX-

Where did you order your Gallos from and what did you pay?

Thanks,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.