AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else put some kind of anti glare or anti reflective coating on their screens other than Panasonic? I am leaning towards plasma vs. LCD but I am concerned about glare or reflections in the room I will be putting it in. The room has a large double row bank of windows facing the tv.

Thanks

Len in NC

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lend27 /forum/post/15585829

Does anyone else put some kind of anti glare or anti reflective coating on their screens other than Panasonic? I am leaning towards plasma vs. LCD but I am concerned about glare or reflections in the room I will be putting it in. The room has a large double row bank of windows facing the tv.

Thanks

Len in NC

Pioneer does indeed use a special anti reflective coating, and it works extremely well. But you need to be careful when cleaning the screen and only use the supplied cloth. Also you should never use any cleaning fluids, even those that are intended for that purpose. Fortunately, it needs cleaning very infrequently.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/15585885

And Samsung. And Hitachi.

The Samsung is glare city compared to the Panasonic. If they're using something it's not doing much.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
If you're talking about true lcd style anti-glare...the 77U models from 2007 are the only ones I know of. (and I have one
) They are discontinued now and Panasonic no longer uses that kind of screen coating.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg /forum/post/15588444

The Samsung is glare city compared to the Panasonic. If they're using something it's not doing much.

I understand that even at least some of Samsung's LCD's have this problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts