AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently trying to decide between a Panasonic PT-45LC12 and a Sony KF-50XBR800 for my new home theater. My living room is wide with a large picture window behind the couch, opposite from the TV. It makes watching TV on sunny days almost unbearable on my 6-year old 31" Toshiba tube and playing Halo durring the day is way too challenging in dark areas. So reflections are one of my major concerns, along with off-axis viewing (wide room).

The Panisonic and the GWII apealed to me because of their relatively thin footprint when compared to RPCRTs. Even though I work for Mitsubishi and can get an employee discount, I can't see putting one of those 24"+ monsters in my living room. I was initially considering the Panny because the screen looked like it would fit my needs perfectly and all the Sonys that I have seen were full of reflections from the store lights.

After reading some posts on this forum about "decent" anti-glare screens on the GWIIs, I can't help but wondering if I am missing something. Did the units I saw have a protective screen in front of the actual one? I ask this because they were about as reflective as glass. And if so, what is the danger of removing the protective screen, or can I get an anti-glare protective screen?

Any imput on these sets would be helpful as the Panny is my current "default" choice, but I am drawn the the sleek design and larger size of the GWII.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.