AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a MultiEQ XT32 receiver, would you want to use the Antimode 8033 with dual Empires?

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Do you already have both units (antimode and XT32)?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1
Do you already have both units (antimode and XT32)?
I will very soon.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Then I'd say run it and find out how it works. You'll have them anyway, so try it out. Run the 8033 than XT32. Then take out the 8033 and just run XT32. If it sounds/measures the same, sell me your 8033 at a discount. Problem solved.

Google "antimode with XT32". Lot's of info...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1
Then I'd say run it and find out how it works. You'll have them anyway, so try it out. Run the 8033 than XT32. Then take out the 8033 and just run XT32. If it sounds/measures the same, sell me your 8033 at a discount. Problem solved.

Google "antimode with XT32". Lot's of info...
Thanks sb1

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchandler
Well played sb1! I want one of those 8033's as well..
I've really only ever read good things about the 8033. I currently go the manual route with a Behringer 1124, but that does nothing in the time domain...just simple frequency response fixes. I have mucho trouble with Audyssey in this room, so I'm not willing to live with the way it makes the mains sound just to get good sub eq'ing.

I've been curious about the Antimode for too long now and I know I'll eventually get one.

·
Registered
30,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 /forum/post/20792536

I've really only ever read good things about the 8033. I currently go the manual route with a Behringer 1124, but that does nothing in the time domain...just simple frequency response fixes.

Not true. Every filter has an effect in the time domain but with the Behringer (unless you use something else to develop the filters) the time domain behavior is undefined.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/20792960

Not true. Every filter has an effect in the time domain but with the Behringer (unless you use something else to develop the filters) the time domain behavior is undefined.

Didn't know that, Kal. Then I guess a potential problem could be making things worse, couldn't it? Depending on your method of measuring?

·
Registered
30,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 /forum/post/20793086

Didn't know that, Kal. Then I guess a potential problem could be making things worse, couldn't it? Depending on your method of measuring?

Possible. If you want to use the Behringer, get a copy of RoomEQ Wizard to measure and define the filters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts