AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to use a Dish/DirecTV hybrid and have signals from 148,110, and 119. The Dish 500 apparently has a built in switch and the SW64 is big bulky and expensive. Is there any other way to get a 3-sat connection?

Can one cascade two SW21s where two LNB outputs go to SW21#1 and the output of SW21#1 and the third satellite go to SW21#2 with the final output going to the receiver?

I found a reference to this here but found it confusing.

How about using an SW42 with a SW21?

Also will the Twin LNB work with one output as a DirecTV LNB?

------------------

Ken Elliott

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 09-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 09-01-2001).]

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Ken,

I started a thread about a week ago concerning this very thing. You DO NOT have to have the SW64. You can get the job done with the SW44 and a SW21.

Do a search on my name and you will see the post. It has some warnings concerning the use of the "powered" port one so read carefully.

Lee

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,639 Posts
 http://www.geocities.com/dbs_tech/

I always like to throw this one into dish discussions.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted to the other thread. I've been over the multi-Dish web site about a billion times.

I've got DirecTV 119 and 101, Dish 148 and 119, and 110 working but unconnected through the center position of an RCA 8900 dish. If I can just get the Dish 110 merged in, I'm all set.

------------------

Ken Elliott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.