AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I made the mistake of assuming the plethora of progressive scan DVD players out there would work on a new 32" JVC flat screen TV I bought for my parents.

The TV was only $499, so I am not that disappointed, and my parents might have a tough time telling the difference. They did notice a major color improvement however with 420i and are thrilled about it.

However, I am curious what is the most affordable 32" 4:3 TV both curved and flat screen that supports progressive scan? I am curious what kind of price I should expect to pay for 420P? Everywhere I look anything that supports 420P also is HD..

Any input is appreciated. I did a search and didn't get what I wanted.

Thanks

John M

·
Registered
570 Posts
Samsung and Advent both make 32" 480P models. The Advent does 1080I also. I have never seen the 32" Advent in stores anywhere. It is advertised on their website though. I am going to guess that the Samsung is in the $600 to $700 price range. I have seen the Samsung at Best Buy. If you could find the Advent, it would probably be less than the Samsung.

A 27" Advent is always on display at Best Buy, and it sells for $400 when it is at their best sale price. It's $499 at their regular price.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just note that when you move up to the HDTV area that although the DVDs / HDTV steams will look a lot better, that standard analog source television will be compromised. So make sure that they're more DVD watchers than regular tv.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.