AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I am using a Onkyo 605 and a Pio 5020, I am wondering if any of you are using this config as well?

I have my HDMI Inputs going into the Onkyo and then out from the Onkyo to the Pioneer HDMI input 4. My understanding is that the Onkyo is just acting as a switcher and not molesting the signal in any way asides from taking the audio and decoding it.

Any thoughts or comments on this config? Would it be best to not have the HDMI signal pass through the Onkyo prior to the Pio for best quality?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

NK

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have 5080 and 605. You are doing things correctly. Pass HDMI thru 605 and only 1 cable outputting video signal to tv.

Onkyo does not touch the HDMI signal as it passes through, so no worries about degradation. Obviously you need signal to pass through to process the audio.

Your setup is good; no worries, just enjoy.

·
Registered
408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nk1 /forum/post/14312297

Hi Folks, I am using a Onkyo 605 and a Pio 5020, I am wondering if any of you are using this config as well?

I have my HDMI Inputs going into the Onkyo and then out from the Onkyo to the Pioneer HDMI input 4. My understanding is that the Onkyo is just acting as a switcher and not molesting the signal in any way asides from taking the audio and decoding it.

Any thoughts or comments on this config? Would it be best to not have the HDMI signal pass through the Onkyo prior to the Pio for best quality?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

NK

Exactly what I'm doing and it works great with my 5020 and 705.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the information!

Since I have more HDMI inputs then the 605 offers, I have purchased a HDMI 1.3 compatible switcher and then connected that into the HDMI input 1 on the 605, Unfortunately when I do that I seem to get white random white ticks in the video image, I am not sure if this is related to the HDMI switcher or the low cost cables I am using. When I bypass the HDMI switcher and go direct from my source to the 605 it seems to be ok.

Have any of you guys seen this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts