AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back from HD after ordering my WA DW laminate and I was wondering about the benefits of mounting directly to the wall, or mounting it to a frame and then hanging that on the wall.

The screen wall is sufficiently flat/even and I don't see anything in my layout that would say I need to mount it on a frame first (just a flat wall, stucturally sound, etc.)

Are there any upsides, that I might have overlooked, to mounting the laminate on a frame first then mounting that to the wall?

-Suntan

·
Registered
718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan /forum/post/17027007

So I just got back from HD after ordering my WA DW laminate and I was wondering about the benefits of mounting directly to the wall, or mounting it to a frame and then hanging that on the wall.

The screen wall is sufficiently flat/even and I don't see anything in my layout that would say I need to mount it on a frame first (just a flat wall, stucturally sound, etc.)

Are there any upsides, that I might have overlooked, to mounting the laminate on a frame first then mounting that to the wall?

-Suntan

portability. the Wilsonart is a great surface if you want to move your screen outdoors for bbq movie nights. other than that, I can't think of any advantages.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.