AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first and only Bluray player is the Pioneer BDP-05. It's built like a mule, loads as fast as a mule too, but runs like a race horse. The bottome line is however with me having my HTPC and ripping all my movies using MKV and loading them onto my HD I simple no longer use it. Moreover, the blu ray player in my HTPC is a Pioneer and while I have not purchased the software, I could use my HTPC as a bluray player too. I have already gotten rid of my cable box, should I sell my blu ray player now?

Some of reasons for me leaning to yes, are if the the new XBOX comes with a bluray player or eventually Pioneer will stop doing firmware updates. So in about who knows how many years, it will be obsolete.

Reasons to keep it, it will make one bad CD player. Any thoughts or advice?

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
the blue ray player in your htpc could break never know?

·
Registered
15,373 Posts
My philosophy is if I don't use something, especially consumer electronics, I sell it as soon as possible. Such things drop in value most of the time and can easily be replaced with something better and cheaper in the future if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.