AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew of another company besides Jamestown that makes accoustic transparent screens at about 120" for under $1000? I have found some in the $1250 range from elite and smx, but I am wondering if there are other options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Look in the diy sceen section or search Spandex AT screen. You can make very AT screen that is around .8-.85 gain in the size you want for $150 easy. Your projector will determine the spandex color(s). 2 layers of milliskin spandex seem to be the prevailing combination right now.
 

·
RETIRED theater builder
Joined
·
36,143 Posts
You can buy the SeymourAV fabric and make a frame all for under $500.


You mentioned SMX, Just a word of Warning, SMX has reportedly closed operation and left in the middle of the night with several pre-paid purchases in their pocket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seeing as I am the least handy person on the planet DIY is not really an option. In fact the only tools I actually own are a hammer and a single flat and phillips head screw driver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor  /t/1471575/any-at-screens-under-1-grand-besides-jamestown#post_23399531


What's wrong with Jamestown?

There is nothing wrong with Jamestown.. the delivery date in not what is promised.. search "jamestown" people who have placed there orders have received their order 2 to 3 months after the promised date.. if you not ina hurry.. go for it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davecraze  /t/1471575/any-at-screens-under-1-grand-besides-jamestown#post_23286499


Seymour AV 120" diagonal with economy frame is under $1000 on their website.

Maybe I'm not choosing the right configuration but I don't see a 120in economy frame for under $1000 on their site.


Sent from my Galaxy S4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoakk  /t/1471575/any-at-screens-under-1-grand-besides-jamestown#post_23438473


Maybe I'm not choosing the right configuration but I don't see a 120in economy frame for under $1000 on their site.


Sent from my Galaxy S4

As Bigmouth said, you can make a frame for under $500 and get the Seymour screen material..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZaus  /t/1471575/any-at-screens-under-1-grand-besides-jamestown#post_23436061


There is nothing wrong with Jamestown.. the delivery date in not what is promised.. search "jamestown" people who have placed there orders have received their order 2 to 3 months after the promised date.. if you not ina hurry.. go for it..

Thanks.. ya.... I read all of the reviews. Seems a lot of people are patient. I would have filed a claim on my card and gone elsewhere. That's ridiculous.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoakk  /t/1471575/any-at-screens-under-1-grand-besides-jamestown#post_23438473


Maybe I'm not choosing the right configuration but I don't see a 120in economy frame for under $1000 on their site.


Sent from my Galaxy S4

H105XS Economy fixed frame, 105"w image (120.5" diag), $968 shipped.


Cheers,

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore  /t/1471575/any-at-screens-under-1-grand-besides-jamestown#post_23441692

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoakk  /t/1471575/any-at-screens-under-1-grand-besides-jamestown#post_23438473


Maybe I'm not choosing the right configuration but I don't see a 120in economy frame for under $1000 on their site.


Sent from my Galaxy S4

H105XS Economy fixed frame, 105"w image (120.5" diag), $968 shipped.


Cheers,

Chris

Thanks, I was thrown off by the 105 w. I was thinking that meant 105 diag. My mistake...


Sent from my Galaxy S4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor  /t/1471575/any-at-screens-under-1-grand-besides-jamestown#post_23442114


Chirs - can you advise when a black backed AT screen is needed?

Not Chris, but would be happy to answer. If everything behind your screen is dark, black would be best, then you do not have to use the backing.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top