AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to get a PLV-70 and will verify the projector before picking it up.

Is there any pattern on the Avia DVD that I can use to locate bad/stuck/inactive pixels on each of the 3 LCD panels?

Can I use the crosshatch pattern to verify LCD panel alignment?

Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
VPC - use the black window pattern on Avia to look for pixels stuck in the on position (you'll need a room with low lighting). Just look for bright points that are not black.

Use the red, green, and blue fields (full screen) for looking pixel stuck in the off position (good luck here - these ones will be extremely difficult to find and probably not worth the bother unless there are tons of them)

Probably the best pattern to look for pixel alignment is the internal focus or display setting patterns as they will use true pixel perfect display as opposed to the softer edges you'll get from the Avia patterns. Pixels will likely not have absolutely perfect alignment (and don't really need it) as long as they are within less than 1/3 to 1/2 a pixel width or so. You might find those around the edges are slightly more mis-aligned than those in the middle caused by minor chromatic aberation in the lenses which can't really be corrected for.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.