AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it has just hit the streets, but has anyone had any experience with the Proceed AVP2? I have seen at least 1 report from a satisfied upgrade owner, but am anxious to gather more real-world end-user comments between AVP2 and MC-12 for an impending purchase.

I am trying, of course, to get each of these units to hear in my own system and will report on my own impressions.

Thanks! TM

:D

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
TM -

I just had my AVP updated to an AVP2. After the upgrade, we compared my AVP2 with the dealers AVP in their showroom. It wasn't a "double-blind" test, so take my comments at their face value.

We definitely noticed a difference in the sound between the two. The AVP2 had a much lower noise floor and was distinctly better than the AVP. My dealer's comment after the upgrade was "well, I guess we have to upgrade our floor model now". :)

Unfortunately, after using it for only a week, it died! But, in a most unusual way. I was listening to a CD and the sound just stopped. I happened to have the remote zone running at the time and the sound was still going there. I brought it to the dealer and it exhibited the same thing in their showroom.

So, it has to be sent back to Proceed. That will happen tomorrow.

I am hoping my is an isolated case...

=== Tim

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just wondering how the AVP2 is working for you? Have been toying with the idea of upgrading, but hearing some disturbing rumors about financial problems at Madrigal and wouldn't want to pay for an upgrade then have no one to support it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am waiting for My AVP-2+ 6.1 that I ordered last week.I am upgrading it from Aragon

soundstage ONE.The reason for upgrading are My wife wants it,has much more processing power for future upgrades,better 2 channel analog sound.I use is 70% music and 30% movie.I do not know much about future of digital output for multi channel audio but I know AVP 2 is more than ready for additional audio formats.The cost of upgrading is too much when pc board,cpu,and in/out jacks are involved.Most of time you are better off selling old unit and buying new one.Aragon $1500+,sunfire $1700+,lexicon trade $3000+,AVP $3500+,bryston sp-1 $1000+.All these upgrade cost are almost same as buying brand new anthem avp-20or b&k ref30.All the companies rather sell brand new updated products than charging a reasonable fee to update their old products.Its pain in the neck to

upgrade and control quality,handle upgrade warranty and delegate order/shipping between a customer/dealer.The onkyo/integra,b&k and anthem are charging $300-400 for $25.00 motorola chip and software upgrade,wait until they do pc board upgrade and in/out plugs.I wounder how much they will charge?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.