AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Night before last I was playing online with four friends. After about 90-minutes we decided to switch games (from Rainbow Six Black Arrow to Mech Assault). Well, upon exiting RS3 there was a Live message saying that the Live network was not available--or something along those lines. This was around 11:15PM Friday night.

I run the X-box through the DMZ of my Linksys WRT54G router and I have a fiber-optic connection requiring no modem. I rebooted the X-box, router, etc. but while I could everything else on the Internet X-Box Live wasn't working for me and one friend while it was for my other three friends. BTW, all friends were in Atlanta, different ISP's, etc.

I went onto the X-box Live forums and discovered other people were having the same problem. Well, the problem seemed to clear up around 2:30AM, yet the problem repeated itself last night. One of my friends was already on and switched games and behold, a message waiting for him saying the Live network wasn't reachable.

Now, Friday Live Technical Support admitted they were doing upgrades in preparation for upcoming games, but this is ridiculous. I would think that upgrades on a gaming network would be when they least expected gamers to be playing. Historically (for me, that is) gameplay is usually in the evenings/weekends. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so do it on a Tuesday, not a Friday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.