AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The large size, and vertical orientation of the B&W FCM8 makes it inconenient for use as a center channel (for anything other than an acoustically transparent screen with a FP). I've been using one for years, mounted horizontally above my TV, and have only recently discovered how BAD it sounds in that orientation for off-axis listeners (duh!). I guess I always sit on-axis in MY home theater :p

I had actually considered building a new box to house the FCM8's componentry, with a re-oriented tweeter array, but I figure that it's a hit-or-miss proposition that I'd end up with something that would sound as good as the original, vertically oriented, FCM8 sounds.

Any thoughts on this? Have any other FCM8 owners dealt with this in a creative way?

Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I dont own one but the FCM8 is SUPPOSED to be vertically placed. The only alternative is to place it on/near the floor and angle it upwards (hoping it wont block the lower portion of your tv). I think the best placement would be to use it with a projector.

Having said that, maybe you could just get another B&W matrix speaker to use as a center channel since the FCM8 is based on the matrix series.

However, the FCM8 is suppoes to be a great speaker for HT use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.