AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

While thoroughly intrigued by the bells and whistles out today, I really only need the basics. I have a 13x20 room that is arranged "wide" so the TV/speakers are only about 10' away. The the left is an opening to the dining room. I'm also on the second floor of a house in Cambridge so i can't be incredibly loud.

I only want a 5.1 setup and am looking at Infinity Primus speakers. Probably the P25X, 250 center, and P15x surrounds. I would like to have a 7.1 receiver with Zone 2 functionality for the kitchen, but that seems to add $100 to the price tag. For that much i could buy a separate little stereo, etc. I'm also eager to try out the Audessey setup so I'd like to have that feature.

I'm eyeballing an open box Denon AVR-591 from Vanns. Is there anything else i should consider at this sub $250 price point?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Not a bad receiver. For $210, that's a pretty good deal. My only gripe is that it could use more ports. But if you're happy with the features it has and will mostly use it with HDMI devices (since it has 4 ports), then go for it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts