AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there gonna be any good black friday deals on any of the 360 consoles ?


I already applied for a Bestbuy card to finance a console. was interested in the 250GB with the kinect but do you think it will drop in price on black friday or have it listed the same price but with an extra controller or games ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,636 Posts
Check with cheapassgamer.com. I HIGHLY doubt it will be on sale outside of a giftcard. The Kinect is going to be one of the hottest items this year so sales really won't be needed. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/19526355


The Kinect is going to be one of the hottest items this year so sales really won't be needed.

i highly doubt that. you can find them pretty much everywhere now, and with all of the bad reviews that the Kinect games are getting (other than Dance Central and Kinect Sports of course) i highly doubt it's going to be that hot...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX /forum/post/19526493


i highly doubt that. you can find them pretty much everywhere now, and with all of the bad reviews that the Kinect games are getting (other than Dance Central and Kinect Sports of course) i highly doubt it's going to be that hot...

What about all the bad reviews? What about all the actual responses from actual consumers that purchased them? Been to Neogaf, Beyond3d and here and so far everyone that ACTUALLY has it are having a positive response that is completely different than the reviews you say that you have seen. Also as someone pointed out, it sold over a million since 4 Nov in 10 days. You probably do see it in your area but doesn't change the fact that it is sold out in other places as well. Amazon has them in and out and hell, I am deployed in the U.A.E at this base and they had them in a week after launch of standalone, 4GB and 250GB bundles and they already sold out of those awaiting orders for more. Looks like as of right now Best Buy online is sold out of the Kinect and 250GB bundle but have the 4GB in stock.

Best Buy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX /forum/post/19526493


i highly doubt that. you can find them pretty much everywhere now, and with all of the bad reviews that the Kinect games are getting (other than Dance Central and Kinect Sports of course) i highly doubt it's going to be that hot...

It is also not after Black Friday yet. Most people haven't started their Christmas shopping yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts
I agree I *WAS* a Kinect hater.. but its selling well and people are loving it. The chick Im dating wants one because they have a game that emulates her favourite show: The Biggest Loser. Kinect may not be attractive to some of us, but other people are loving it. The tech blogs are also loving all the 'other' things Kinect can do, even when hooked to a PC a using drivers/software to do things outside of the Xbox realm.


In addition to that.. Gamestop has already warned its employees about shortages of Kinect for the holiday all the way into next year and are trying to keep stores as supplied as possible.


As far as Black Friday deals.. here you go: (all the major retailers)

http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/bb...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/ta...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/km...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/km...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/jc...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/to...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/se...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/ko...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/ma...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/ol...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/ra...iday-ad1.shtml
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj
It is also not after Black Friday yet. Most people haven't started their Christmas shopping yet.
true, but it sounds to me like you guys are making this sound like the Wii from Xmas of 2008, and it's FAR from that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
I agree I *WAS* a Kinect hater.. but its selling well and people are loving it. The chick Im dating wants one because they have a game that emulates her favourite show: The Biggest Loser. Kinect may not be attractive to some of us, but other people are loving it. The tech blogs are also loving all the 'other' things Kinect can do, even when hooked to a PC a using drivers/software to do things outside of the Xbox realm.


In addition to that.. Gamestop has already warned its employees about shortages of Kinect for the holiday all the way into next year and are trying to keep stores as supplied as possible.


As far as Black Friday deals.. here you go: (all the major retailers)

http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/bb...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/ta...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/km...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/km...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/jc...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/to...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/se...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/ko...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/ma...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/ol...iday-ad1.shtml



http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/ra...iday-ad1.shtml
Your not buying an xbox 360 with kinect for some chick you just started dating are you ?


PS. thanks for the links
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts
Hell to the nah. If anything I was hoping she would get it for me as an Xmas present..



That said I'll probably get a pair of socks from her..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
also i thought id ask this here instead of making a new therad. Will there still be updates from xbox live for the 360 slim to recognize original xbox games ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer /forum/post/19532196


also i thought id ask this here instead of making a new therad. Will there still be updates from xbox live for the 360 slim to recognize original xbox games ?

anyone ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I drove past Bestbuy earlier and there is already people camping out outside all around the store. its supposed to drop down to 36 tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer /forum/post/19532196


also i thought id ask this here instead of making a new therad. Will there still be updates from xbox live for the 360 slim to recognize original xbox games ?

I think they stopped pushing updates about two years ago for original games. There is a list out there that shows what games work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/19546688


I think they stopped pushing updates about two years ago for original games. There is a list out there that shows what games work.

Right but are those updates still in their sytem on xbox live ?


question is will i be able to play all the original xbox games that I was able to play on my original 360 on to the slim as well ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer /forum/post/19546733


Right but are those updates still in their sytem on xbox live ?


question is will i be able to play all the original xbox games that I was able to play on my original 360 on to the slim as well ?

I would think so. i haven't even tried with my slims for the disc based games but I have some original games I digitally downloaded off of Live.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
I would imagine so, as the hardware is the same, at least functionally. I can't imagine anything working on an original 360 that won't work on a Slim. While the CPU/GPU is one die on the Slim, they are no different from a program execution perspective.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer /forum/post/19546580


I drove past Bestbuy earlier and there is already people camping out outside all around the store. its supposed to drop down to 36 tonight.

36? That's nothing.


Our high today was 17, low is going to be 4 degrees!



People were lining up outside over 14 hours in advance just to save $50.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top