AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the FR graph on Parts Express, it seems to be able to do 1Khz with little trouble. There is a huge peak where I assume the breakup occurs leading up to 2Khz, but if the FR is accurate it would seem to be a reasonable low priced option for A SEOS horn. The Le seems very high to me to be able to reach as high as it does in the FR graph. Any experience with this?

Thanks,
Bricktop

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the SEOS 12 & 15 I've been toying with. So far I've tried a DT220 and the Dayton 250P (de250 clone). EQed the same I'm liking the D220 better. Seems more resolving...I like the top end "zing" when I listen. I'm tempted to try the Denovo 360, but really wonder if it is much better than the Dayton. The FR looks better on the 360 and my own measurements confirm a heavy roll off after 10k on the Dayton. Not sure I want to collect CDs, but it is fun to play around with them.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
Looking at the FR graph on Parts Express, it seems to be able to do 1Khz with little trouble.
On axis, yes, but where your crossover point is concerned it's off-axis that matters. I'd want to see the 45 degree off-axis chart before deciding on how high to try and take it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I did some measurements of the P380 and it confirmed what I feared about it...the Le kills the response over 500 Hz. The FR in the spec sheet is VERY optimistic...basically take the 1 Khz reading and move it down to 500 hz and you have the response. It is a nice woofer for the price if you can cross it over under 500 Hz in a 3 way design. I think I'm done looking for bargains, maybe a Delta Pro or a B&C 15NDL76.

One more side note, there has been some discussion of a 1" compression driver that will go down to 500-600 Hz...if one doesn't mind going 3 way, the Selenium 250-X is cheap, measures well on a Seos15, at least down to 750 and sound pretty good. Couple it with a cheaper super tweeter like the Eminence 150 and you got great response from 500-600 up. And much cheaper than some of the high ends CDs I've been seeing tossed around.

Edit: Nix any idea of the Eminence 150...very erratic FR on 3 different horns. The raw response of the 250-X does indeed roll of below 500 Hz. Now the hunt for a not so expensive horn to match the SEOS down to 500 Hz. Any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.