AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here's what's up:

i have analog cable with digital ClearCAM channels.

i have a PCI HVR-1800 with ATSC and analog tuners. the analog tuner will never be supported in mythtv (because of "driver issues"; ...works fine in tvtime, though...so, go figure), but the ATSC tuner is supported.

i have a piece of junk USB HP (Adaptec) AVC-3610 dual analog tuner which may or may not work with PVRUSB2 in linux (haven't tested it yet). also, it works with windows 8 but not windows 7 (strange, but true).

i have installed openSUSE 13.1 with a Xen kernel which automatically sets up a bridge (br0).

XBMC runs beautifully with the FOSS video driver on my onboard ATI 4200 (tested with 720p so far).

what i plan to do is pass-through the usb tuner in Xen (board doesn't support IOMMU for PCI-passthrough) to WMC in a win8 vm, run the ATSC through mythtv, and bring it all in to the respective XBMC PVR addons.

most of what i just told you doesn't have anything to do with my question, but i felt like i needed to qualify it in order to post it in this forum without being OT.

so here's my question:

the only internet i have at the moment is via my android phone. how do i configure my bridge (br0) and my tether (usb0?) to play nice? esp in openSUSE 13.1 (my current OS). i've looked and searched but come up with nothing.

any help is greatly appreciated...if i figure it out, tho, i will post back what i did.

ty

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i've had this working before in Gentoo without the bridge.

i'm not afraid to compile a kernel, but i thought that the stock one in openSUSE supported this "out of the box" from reading around. i'm not seeing the usb device in ifconfig, tho, when i turn it on.

note that i've been testing this in the stock 13.1 openSUSE kernel and not the XEN one.

not sure what to do...any help is appreciated

maybe a simple brctl command is all that's needed, but i'm worried that the usb device doesn't show up in ifconfig.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nvm...psu went out & i'll be back on cable modem by the time i replace it.

might revisit this later tho for exercise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts