AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me out with shipping from the US to Canada. I have a CRT projector that I need to ship and it's not easy dealing with the freight Co. I thought all I had to do was give them the address but after two hours, they called me back and asked the following questions.

* Who is the broker in Canada?

* Who is going to pay the Customs and taxes?

They also told me I need a commercial invoice.

I asked them how do people ship things to Canada if they are not in business and do not have a commercial invoice. Their reply was that " They don't"
Now this is just silly. They are in effect telling me you have to be a business to ship to Canada.

Is there anyone out there who can make this a little easier and tell me the best, easiest way to go about this? It really seems more difficult than it has to be.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
333 Posts
First...where do you live.

I usually use A&A broker when I ship vehicles from JP to Canada. I'm in victoria.

who would be to contact...as I'm sure you'll need repairs down the road...is Curt Palme. you can check his site out at curtpalme dot com.

dot..is actually a period "."

he would probably be able to help you out as he's bought a few crt from places.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by benareeno /forum/post/0

forward-air from airport to airport.

Foward air does not ship to the west coast of Canada but thanks.

It's coming from Va.

the Canadian will broker it himself.
Quote:
Ben

Thanks very much. This is what I needed to know.Problem solved! I don't understand why Pilot air did'nt tell me this. Would have saved a lot of time and hassle.

Thanks to all!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Not all shippers will allow this...I know forward-air does. But some shippers require brokerage when the item crosses the border.

I also was able to clear the projector myslef when it was shipped up via Bax Global.

If he's in Vancouver, then just get it shipped close the border and have him drive down and get it, he can then clear it himself.

Ben

·
Registered
552 Posts
hello troy man. I shipped my NEC from AVS to Calgary via DHL and did the customs at the airport myself. UPS can do it for you but my experience on smaller stuff is that it is costly. Check out the price though. Fedex seemed more reasonable, but again that was smaller stuff....contact DHL and check with them....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordf /forum/post/0

hello troy man. I shipped my NEC from AVS to Calgary via DHL and did the customs at the airport myself. UPS can do it for you but my experience on smaller stuff is that it is costly. Check out the price though. Fedex seemed more reasonable, but again that was smaller stuff....contact DHL and check with them....

Thanks for the input but it was shipped last week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.