AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has ABC announced whether or not any of the Stanley Cup Finals will be broadcast in HD?

·
Registered
151 Posts
They haven't announced anything, and I'm not keeping my hopes up, either. I doubt they would announce anything this late, and especially not for hockey which continues to get terrible ratings. Hopefully I'm wrong, but they haven't had any HD sports in 2 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't believe ABC is not going to show the Stanley Cup in HD! Even if it is the Rent Wings playing, hockey is probably one of the best uses of HDTV. Disney is going to squander a beautiful opportunity with hockey ratings up this year.

They beg and beg for digital spectrum, then promptly do nothing but squat on the bandwidth. Stupid Disney dolts.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Sorry to be so negative, but face reality: if ABC has not been showing MNF in HD (and that show's ratings dwarf hockey, even Cup games), then the chance that they would make the extra effort to broadcast the Cup in HD are essentially nil.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Is there a chance Mark Cuban can save the day by working a deal with ABC like they have done with NBC in the past. Also, does the fact that ABC broadcast in 720p prevent this from happening because HDNet's truck is 1080i?

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.