AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really itching for Sony to let us download an update so that PS1 and PS2 game's look better on HDTVS. Maybe fix the resolution to an appropiate setting. Is there any word on such a thing? I want to play Final Fantasy 8.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody feels the same way? Eh, I knew the board was dead, but I didn't expect it to be this dead!

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
I agree completely, but where's the financial incentive to do that for Sony? I'm sure they would love to sell you the new "hi-def" version of all your favorite PS2 games. I was excited that the PS3 would allow me to play my PS2 titles, but they look like I'm playing Atari on my 52" DLP 720p monitor. I'm not going to hold my breath that it'll come anytime soon. After all, they didn't even provide upconversion on DVDs. If you complain, they can always say "hey, we just said you COULD watch DVDs and play your PS2 games; we never said that you would enjoy it or actually WANT to!".

·
Registered
873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroedk /forum/post/0

I agree completely, but where's the financial incentive to do that for Sony? I'm sure they would love to sell you the new "hi-def" version of all your favorite PS2 games. I was excited that the PS3 would allow me to play my PS2 titles, but they look like I'm playing Atari on my 52" DLP 720p monitor. I'm not going to hold my breath that it'll come anytime soon. After all, they didn't even provide upconversion on DVDs. If you complain, they can always say "hey, we just said you COULD watch DVDs and play your PS2 games; we never said that you would enjoy it or actually WANT to!".

They will fix it in the March 2007 update!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I doubt this will ever happen. And all this talk about the March update is a HUGE pipe dream, nobody knows what will be in the update. Im keepin my PS2 ready for action, cause I have a feeling God Of War 2 on the PS3 at 480p isnt gonna look good on my 50" So It will be back to the 20 or 27" for that game.

·
Registered
768 Posts
God of War looks great on my 62" at 480p, however having to button-mash the R2 button is pretty annoying now that the R2 button is a trigger and you have to fully depress and fully release for it to be treated as one digital click. But it's easy for me to get play-time in on my old CRT with my PS2 so I'll probably play GOW2 on it for starters.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
I doubt this will ever happen. And all this talk about the March update is a HUGE pipe dream

Is there a rumor about it being big?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.