AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,


I'm not sure what the release cycle panasonic typically has for their plasmas. I'm thinking about going to CES this year but part of the big draw for me would be next gen plasmas and high end BR players. Not sure there will be anything of either worth driving out to Vegas for.


If you have heard or read anything links would be appreciated.


I've held off on buying a plasma for quite a while and would like to move forward this year but even the current gen panasonics leave me a bit short of a reason to buy another new TV.


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be great! I've put off buying so many things for quite a while. It will probably be another year or two before I see a 4K resolution 80" affordable plasma for the living room but I could probably get a decent 1080p 55" plasma for the bedroom provided the new panasonics offer enough of an improvement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,027 Posts
That has been just about a foregone conclusion; the question that will be answer at CES, is how much more of the Pioneer tech., and specifically which tech. will be improved and/or added.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,502 Posts
Sharp announced Thursday that it has been granted a license of Pioneer's Elite brand for high-end displays that will be released starting later this year.


Pioneer discontinued making Pioneer Elite TVs in 2009. The new TVs will be jointly marketed by Sharp and Pioneer, and marketed through Pioneer's Elite dealer network, the companies said.



"As a leader in large screen LCD TV, we are excited to collaborate with Pioneer to bring a high-end LCD TV to the Elite consumer," John Herrington , President of Sharp Electronics Marketing Company of America, said as part of the announcement. "The Elite brand is highly respected in the high end market and Sharp can deliver the quality and innovation that Elite customers demand."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse /forum/post/19904481


Sharp announced Thursday that it has been granted a license of Pioneer's Elite brand for high-end displays that will be released starting later this year.


Pioneer discontinued making Pioneer Elite TVs in 2009. The new TVs will be jointly marketed by Sharp and Pioneer, and marketed through Pioneer's Elite dealer network, the companies said.



"As a leader in large screen LCD TV, we are excited to collaborate with Pioneer to bring a high-end LCD TV to the Elite consumer," John Herrington , President of Sharp Electronics Marketing Company of America, said as part of the announcement. "The Elite brand is highly respected in the high end market and Sharp can deliver the quality and innovation that Elite customers demand."


I thought Panasonic bought all of Pioneer's plasma technology and hired several of their engineers. Surely Panasonic was smart enough to make that an exclusive arrangement, but I don't know. Or maybe Sharp just gets license to use the "Elite" moniker and pretend they are making Pioneer plasmas, when all they have is a right to use the brand name?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith901 /forum/post/19904520


I thought Panasonic bought all of Pioneer's plasma technology and hired several of their engineers. Surely Panasonic was smart enough to make that an exclusive arrangement, but I don't know. Or maybe Sharp just gets license to use the "Elite" moniker and pretend they are making Pioneer plasmas, when all they have is a right to use the brand name?

This will be a line of LCD TV's marketed under the Elite name. Nothing to do with plasma or patents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicheyPoor /forum/post/19904747


This will be a line of LCD TV's marketed under the Elite name. Nothing to do with plasma or patents.

That's just going to ruin the "Elite" name and what it stands for IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse /forum/post/19904481


Sharp announced Thursday that it has been granted a license of Pioneer's Elite brand for high-end displays that will be released starting later this year.


Pioneer discontinued making Pioneer Elite TVs in 2009. The new TVs will be jointly marketed by Sharp and Pioneer, and marketed through Pioneer's Elite dealer network, the companies said.



"As a leader in large screen LCD TV, we are excited to collaborate with Pioneer to bring a high-end LCD TV to the Elite consumer," John Herrington , President of Sharp Electronics Marketing Company of America, said as part of the announcement. "The Elite brand is highly respected in the high end market and Sharp can deliver the quality and innovation that Elite customers demand."

These will probably be local dimming only sets. Whether or not they have any Pioneer tech...
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top