AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any chance that Fox and D* will have things worked out by this weekend so that the Sunday NFL games would be shown in HD on D* (other than on Sunday Ticket)? I assume they will be showing a World Series game that night, but it would be great if the Packers v Cowboys game at 4:00 ET could be on 88 or 89 in HD.
 

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
Joined
·
45,754 Posts
Could be, but one never knows. Ask the Yankees.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,571 Posts
Go ask Charlie! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
Not a chance in the world. Thats why the spent good money on NFL:ST, for you to pay for it.
I think you are missing the point...our problem is we are "blacked out" of local HD broadcasts on Sunday Ticket. As a result, we are forced to watch the SD version on local FOX!!! Once FOX HD is made available, issue gone. Get it???


My solution this weekend? To go to Giants Stadium and watch live instead of on Fox SD...


GO GIANTS!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Could be, but one never knows. Ask the Yankees.
I would ask them if I could find them. There don't seem to be any Yankees or their fans around this morning. What happened to all those experts who assured us that the Red Sox did not have a chance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cdharris
I would ask them if I could find them. There don't seem to be any Yankees or their fans around this morning. What happened to all those experts who assured us that the Red Sox did not have a chance?
Red Sox were favorites in this series and most experts picked them. Check before making statements like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by perilous
I think you are missing the point...our problem is we are "blacked out" of local HD broadcasts on Sunday Ticket. As a result, we are forced to watch the SD version on local FOX!!! Once FOX HD is made available, issue gone. Get it???


My solution this weekend? To go to Giants Stadium and watch live instead of on Fox SD...


GO GIANTS!!
You missed the point too. The OP lives in Texas....even if he gets the HD Fox feed there is no guarantee that the game being shown locally (in Texas) will be the same game that is shown in HD on the NY or LA feeds.


I understand for you NY is a local feed, but not for people outside NY/LA.


Get it???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CKNA
Red Sox were favorites in this series and most experts picked them. Check before making statements like that.
After game 3 all of those so called Experts changed their Tune and said the Yankees would win. Find me ONE expert that is NOT a Red Sox Fan that said the Sox would win games 4-7. Hell, even most Sox Fans said they would lose.


We are used to the disappointment :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Cowboys at Packers is the "National" Fox game at 4:00 ET on Sunday. It is scheduled to be shown on both the East and West DNS Fox feeds. Therefore, if D* finally gets the Fox HD running (besides baseball) by Sunday, I would be able to get the game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks like Seattle at Arizona and New Orleans at Oakland are the only other Fox games at 4:00 Sunday besides Dallas at Green Bay. The Dallas at Green Bay game is the "National Game" and will be broadcast on all Fox Stations except in the Seattle, Arizona, New Orleans and Oakland markets. Therefore, it will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket in all other markets and the only way most of us who do not have Fox HD OTA will be able to see it in HD is if D* and Fox come to some agreement before Sunday. I had high hopes at the start of the season that I would be able to watch most of the Cowboy games in HD this year. So far I have seen one, on CBS. last week Unless the deal with Fox goes through, the next one will be the Sunday Night game on ESPN HD on January 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Shark73
You missed the point too. The OP lives in Texas....even if he gets the HD Fox feed there is no guarantee that the game being shown locally (in Texas) will be the same game that is shown in HD on the NY or LA feeds.


I understand for you NY is a local feed, but not for people outside NY/LA.


Get it???
Thanks for your help, but I get it and understood it all along!!!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top