AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
829 Posts
I wouldn't count on it being any time soon. IMHO, Universal will release a steady stream of movie titles over 2007 before they begin to hit on the TV series.

· Registered
43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maingon /forum/post/0

I always hear people say that and on a smaller tv a upconverted DVD may look HD but on a projector I never found any DVD look almost HD.

Me neither. That's a load of crap.

Upconversion is so overrated.

Even watching Season 3 on HD CABLE looks way better than upconverted DVD.

· Registered
1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLC1843 /forum/post/0

The dvd's upconverted already look HD, I don't see it looking much better than that.

I've watched both Season 2 on DVD upconverted and Season 3 in HD on NBC on my 32" LCD screen and I can guarantee you there is a noticable difference between the two.

Granted, The Office will never be considered demo material, but it does look a lot sharper in HD, so I hope Universal releases the Season 3 set day-and-date.

· Registered
786 Posts
Before I hear all this "your screen isn't large or good enough" nonsense. This is all on a 60" Sony SXRD using a Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player and previously on a Denon 3910.

I'm going to assume we are talking about the BBC production of The Office. My upconverted DVD's look FANTASTIC. Enough to rival HD broadcasts on cable and OTA easily.

Also, the Lost DVD's come VERY close to the OTA HD broadcasts as well.

· Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin oats /forum/post/0

Hopefully the real UK version will come out on HD DVD.

Yeah, We wouldn't want them to put out a fake UK version.

Anyway, I would definately like to see the U.S. series in HD. There is somewhat of a cult following where I work. This series is probably my favorite comedy on TV right now.

-Jay

· Registered
701 Posts
I love both, but the people saying the US one is a ripoff have clearly never WATCHED THE US one, because in season 2, the characters and plotlines came into their own in a big way, surpassing the UK Office in all respects IMO. They are two different animals...both funny but different styles and the American one has become a true classic through and through... season 2 and 3 has been the most solid run of comedy I've seen on network tv in ages. I think there is a very real possibility that the big U could release season 3 on HD DVD in the fall.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.