Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

thanks to all for their input on this forum. :D It's been very helpful and it's given me hope that I will someday be able to easily transfer my Digital 8 tapes to DVD! From my research on this forum, it seems as most would say that a stand alone unit is better for doing simple transfers to dvd from a camcorder.

But I just want to make sure that there's no choppy video/audio when using a stand alone player when the sources is recorded in the SP mode (especially when there's a lot going on like at a party with dancing or a sports event). I would prefer to use a recorder with a digital link so I can easily connect my digital 8 camera to it. I know some on this forum have mentioned that with the filters available on units like the Panny's are comparable with the ones with DV inputs, but I still would like to have one with a DV input.

I had an awful time trying to do this with my computer (a pretty decent machine with plenty of memory and fast drives). I've tried all of the suggestion/tweaks that I could find to prevent choppy video on computer video capture but no luck. I spent 4 hours putting together a 45 minute DVD and the video and audio was choppy, especial the parts with lots of motion and even worse when there was music in the background. I always record in the SP mode. If I went to an extended play mode, does anyone know if that would help?

Sorry for so many questions... Just a newbie that doesn't want to jump into a DVD recorder before doing a little research!

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.