AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at home depot last night picking a roll of cat 5e wire and noticed they had a 500 ft spool of in-wall 14 gauge Monster Cable (S14-2R-CL) for $100 (or .30 ft if I didn't want the whole 500ft). I was originally planning on getting 12 gauge wire, but this seems to cheap to pass on. It will be used with a Denon 3802 & Paradigm Monitor Series Speakers.

Any one used this cable or have any comments on it.?

Thanks in advance,

Topaz

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Topaz,

I'm new to the forum, but not to the home theater game. I buy and install home theater equipment for clients as a side business. I 've used monster cable products for years and I can tell you they perform great. They have much better construction than most of your cheap bulk wire that people buy just because it has a lower price. I highly recommend it. At 30 cents a foot it's an outstanding bargain. You could wire your whole house with it and not have to worry about it again. That's what I did.:)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Topaz,go to HomeDepot and check out there in-wall 12ga. for .18 a foot.although .30 might night be a bad price do not get caught up in the Monster hype,14ga.monster,14ga.homedepot,it`s all the same when it comes to speaker wire.

good luck,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.