AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved and had to leave my Do-Able 50/50 grey screen (is do-able that 1/4 white board from Home Depot? I thought that's what it was)

My new place affords me a larger screen if I choose.

Are there any Do-Able like DIY screens for someone looking to go 5x10 without seam work?

Thanks for keeping it friendly all these years on AVS

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher /forum/post/18305763

Just moved and had to leave my Do-Able 50/50 grey screen (is do-able that 1/4 white board from Home Depot? I thought that's what it was)

My new place affords me a larger screen if I choose.

Are there any Do-Able like DIY screens for someone looking to go 5x10 without seam work?

Aloha Thresher!

It's been some kinda time since you last posted on DIY Screens.!

The best possible choice would be 1/4" x 5' x 10' GatorFoam Board found at a local Plastic Sheeting Supply House.

Quote:
Thanks for keeping it friendly all these years on AVS

Stay away from the Archives. Therein lurks the anathema you missed out on while dallying about watching that Doable Screen all these years.

Much better now though.......

BTW, at least you were not still watching Movies with that ancient old bulb in the Z2 you had 3 years ago. Folks, this man holds the absolute record for Hours used on a PJ bulb. Just over 10,000 hrs if I remember correctly. And he was still watching it when it blew....right?

Were you still using your Epson 6100 before you moved? Did the Z2'sky follow you like a mangy old Pup to your new location? Is that still in Aloha land? Kauai I think? If so that might be your limiting factor as far as what materials you can come up with. Might be that a Drywall Screen screwed and finished onto a pre-hung Frame would be best.

Don't make a similar regretful mistake like you made before over that Denon Rec. Decide this time on something that takes your Screen experience up to new levels and lets that 6100 perform like a 9500! With paint onto a board or Drywall, you can do that. Too bad your not on Maui. Over there is a big Acrylic Mirror just waiting to find a home and be painted up. Not quite as big as you want...5' x 8' but that does give you 110" @ 16:9.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts