AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been patiently waiting for several years for a CRT mutisynch display larger than the Sony FW900. In fact, I've waited so long, the FW900 has been discontinued for some time.

I'm even open to LCD technology, but I don't think there is an LCD display with comparable black levels and refresh rates as the FW900.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Michael-

Good to see you here again...

The only CRT displays bigger than the Sony W900 and FW900 are lower-resolution (made for the industrial information-display market, such as airports). There are/were the Unity Motion/Monivision(?) 30" monitors, but they were 1080i, not 1080p.

I am sure at this point that there will be no new large CRT displays, as the LCDs keep getting better. I'd love to see one of the new Dell 24" 1920x1200 LCDs to compare it with my W900 (which is 22.5" viewable, so the Dell is in fact a bit 'bigger').

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Chris!

I doubt I'd spend $1000 on a display that might actually look worse than a used FW900/W900 that's a fraction of the price.

The below 30" monitor is what I want. Do you know if I can use it for a PC? If not, isn't there anything that's even close? It has a sick display resolution of 2560 x 1600 LOL!

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...=AppleDisplays

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Michael-

I am sure you could use that with a PC, since it has a DVI input. You may not find direct support in Windows, though, and might have to use Powerstrip to set up your resolution. It is, I assume, also an LCD monitor rather than CRT.

2560x1600... imagine, a 'quad view' of four full-resolution 720p HDTV signals?? Cool!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I have an old 36" Mits CRT Monitor that can handle 1080P, unfortunately it is a 4:3 display.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm curious what monitor that would be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.