AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, before I buy from somebody outside of New England, I thought I would try to search for a CRT projector in the Boston/New England area. Anybody planning on switching over to the new crop of projectors? Anybody got upgrade itchiness? Anybody got a spare sitting in the garage? I know this is kind of tacky, but if I can save shipping charges and save you from shipping/packing something...well...cool! VideoGon really should have a "wanted" section. Prefer something good. My Novabeam was big fun...but tis time to move on and up. Huge thanks. Tony

·
Registered
412 Posts
I know of a G90 that is in the NYC area (I do not think it has been sold yet.)

I know of some 1272 units (but they all need tubes.)

Let us know what kind of budget you have.

·
Registered
412 Posts
:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a nice 1031q with AVT3200 line doubler and an Extron box. I was thinking about selling it. I know someone else who has an ECP4000 not in use as well. These are in Boston.

Matt

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I wouldn't let the shipping charges drive a decision like this. Make the best deal you can for the best projector you can get for the amount of money you want to spend, regardless of where it is. It only costs a bit over a hundred bucks to ship a projector coast to coast via Forward Air/Pilot Air.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd try and find a projector within driving distance and pick it up yourself. Be carefull with shipping. I had one shipped in October and was damaged during shipping. Two of the tubes needed to be replaced. It's been nearly 4 months and we (the seller and I) are still waiting for reimbursement. All they say is that it has been turned over to the insurance company. The shipper was Emery.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm in Framingham and will give you a good deal on my Sony vph-1270 with good tubes. I purchased it from Hi-Rez a few years ago and have since moved on to a G-70. I have a Draper Clarion 4x3 screen and a homemade blackout cloth 16x9 screen also available for sale. I'm considering selling my RCA dTC-100 as well. Its excellent for OTA HDTV reception if you've got a decent antennae. If you act fast I'd be willing to help you get all set up for the SuperBowl on sunday. Email me if interested.

[email protected]

peace,

Mark Haskins

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
If the others don't pan out, I have two ECP's in great shape and a DVDO line doubler in Marshfield.

Chip

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.