AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got the 3806/4306 info on Friday. Anything out there on the 2806? Details must be around the corner. If you know anything I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
:( I guess the silence answers your question in the negative. I am interested too in this range, since the 3806 price seems to be above the 3805.

Given that the 1906 is already on the Denon web site, and the 3806 info is being widely circulated, it might not even be this year. Perhaps they want to make sure the inventory of 3805s is all sold out, before launching a receiver that has about the same specs (or more if it has HDMI?) for less money. Pure speculation?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems like a logical reason for them to withhold it to me. I guess we'll know at CEDIA, by then the 3805's should be gone anyway.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I know that the prices on the 2805 were dropped at some places for a short time to $799 (when I bought mine) and now they are back up to list ($899). That makes me think that the 2806 has been delayed, if it was even ever intended for this year in the first place. Otherwise, why drop the prices for 3 weeks, then push them back up? Although similar bizarre price movement was noticed on the 1905. $499, down to $449, down to $399, and then back up to $499, and now back down to $449, in time for the 1906 release, all in about 5 weeks time. Perhaps the 1906 release was delayed a few weeks, and the price drop was early?

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
The latest info from Denon shows going from the 2106 to the 3806..

They jump over that original price point..

Only Denon can say why but...

Since the 2805 was built in Japan I suspect they could not hold the price anymore...

As the 2106 and AVRs below are assembled by a subcontractor in China..

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjensen
When is CEDIA, and if it is there, how long after would we be able to expect the 2806?

CEDIA starts on a Friday (September 9th) in Indianapolis...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code
Since the 2805 was built in Japan I suspect they could not hold the price anymore...

As the 2106 and AVRs below are assembled by a subcontractor in China..
I have always noticed that Denon's cheaper AVR's are made in China while the more expensive ones are made in Japan and have a much more organized back panel. Are the ones made in China not made by Denon? And therefore are they of somewhat lesser quality? This does not seem to hold true for thier DVD players, as the 3910 is made in China. I am also very curious about when the 2806 may come out.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Smi
I have always noticed that Denon's cheaper AVR's are made in China while the more expensive ones are made in Japan and have a much more organized back panel.
Traditionally, what is the base model series AVR made in Japan?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Looks like it's gonna be quite a while before this models' really going to hit the streets.

Nothing at all seems to be out there on this model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.