AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a loewe anconda and it doesn't accept a 720p signal. While not major for many people this is very major for me as I have a couple of xbox games that run in 720p and I can only play them in 480i which is horrible (once you go HD you won't want to go back) especially for a set that cost nearly $3000.

Is there some sort of device that I can plug my Hd pack into and it will convert it (720p) so the output can be 1080i?

If not someone should make one and get $$$ :D

· Registered
2,274 Posts
I can tell someone didn't do their research. why would you ever buy a TV that doesn't support something you must have, or in your case would require a converter that costs $100's???? (if it exists)

· Registered
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidML3
I have just bought a loewe anconda and it doesn't accept a 720p signal. While not major for many people this is very major for me as I have a couple of xbox games that run in 720p and I can only play them in 480i which is horrible (once you go HD you won't want to go back) especially for a set that cost nearly $3000.

Is there some sort of device that I can plug my Hd pack into and it will convert it (720p) so the output can be 1080i?

If not someone should make one and get $$$ :D
Umm, check the Scalars forum . I know the new DVDO iScan HD+ enables you to convert HD scan rates. But, you'll be spending well over $1000. I'm surprised that the Xbox won't do 480p for those games.

· Registered
2,605 Posts
I know I'm late as a mother on this, in fact as of the last posting to this thread I hadn't even purchased my HD set yet BUT I do know this....

The xbox can be configured to output 1080i and 480p only. I'm not entirely sure but I believe that whatever 720p game he has the xbox should be able to upconvert it to 1080i. I don't know for sure so I'll have to experiment.

· Registered
68 Posts
No need to convert. Everything I've heard says 720p (progressive) is superior to 1080i (interlaced). your set is running 1280x720 in 720p mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.