Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roku SoundBridge does not. Here is an FAQ from their websites:

Do you support secured AAC files purchased from the Apple Music Store?

Currently no. Apple does not allow streaming of files downloaded from their music store to third party devices. If they ever do, we will support them.

???

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm getting this wrong, but my understanding is that the AAC files you purchase from Apple contain some sort of proprietary "Apple" DRM (digital rights management) stuff in them, which makes it impossible to play other than with an iPod or iTunes.

Personally, I think that's a real slap in the face for people trying to be good doobies and legally purchase music online. It's crap like that that's kept me buying traditional CD's and just ripping them to MP3, which *everything* plays.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Look into QTFairUse and FAAD to convert your purchased iTunes songs into non-DRM protected MP4 audio files without re-encoding.

I STRONGLY reccomend you download QTFairUse's source and compile it yourself - there are LOTS of viruses masquarading as this program.

·
Registered
327 Posts
There are rumors of the ElGato Software EyeHome playing iTMS (DRM AAC).

http://www.elgato.com/products/eyehome.html

From www.xlr8yourmac.com

Quote:
As EyeHome owners have mentioned, despite the comments in Elgato's FAQ, they are able to play iTunes music store songs fine if the computer is authorized. I don't own an EyeHome but have no reason to doubt the owner's comments on this. Write Elgato about their FAQ if you still have questions on this or want verification from the company.
I would call/write ElGato - but this is the first player I have seen offering this. I am waiting for an audio server, as I really like the iTunes store, and I want to play the stuff I have bought-

Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.