AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the Samsung HDTV STB outputs both component and S-Video at the same time. Does anyone know of a DIRECTV-capable HDTV STB that does both?

------------------

Rich Peterson

DBS Consumer Guide Author

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The soon to be released Zenith DTV 1080 will be the first DIRECTV HDTV receiver that outputs signals via its component, S-video and composite outputs simultaneously. Hopefully, this receiver will hit the market anyday now as its been delayed several times. Zenith.com has the specs on this receiver.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Andrew. I didn't know there were no current DIRECTV STBs that output both. It seems to me that would be a very desirable feature.

What's funny is I have a prototype Zenith receiver that I am using today as my one and only receiver. I haven't checked if my prototype outputs both simultaneously, but what the prototype does won't necessarily be what the final product does anyway.

------------------

Rich Peterson

DBS Consumer Guide Author

·
Registered
395 Posts
It seems to me that this would be ideal for owners of stand-alone PVRs that read standard res signals; the box would still be able to display HD content and (I'm assuming) downres stuff for the PVR.

Does this sound right?

--Karl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.