AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am not looking for boring slide shows of screen caps. I am thinking of Quake and Quake 2, two very old games now: One or both had a very cool screensaver that basically brought a life level up, with all the vfx and sound running. It was very very cool.

Someone even created a special screensaver that had a pre-set kill playback that would repeat.

Is there any such thing availabletoday for modern day games like Doom 3 or Quake 3?

I cannot even get the original two Quakes to run on my system, they are so outdated, so that's out.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
So you want a Doom 3 screensaver but you can't run any games including Quake 1?

Is this like the runner-up alternate plan?

I don'nt know if it's a financial thing but if Quake 1 won't run I'm wondering if you have a Commodore 64....

;)

·
Registered
669 Posts
he's saying that the games wont run on his up to date system because the

games were made for dos or older version of windows and are not compatible.

This screen saver you speak of sounds cool, if you find it please post about it here.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dean, Statix is correct. Those older games won't run because they are OLD. They just crash.

I can run DOOM 3 at 1920x1200 and get 30fps or more, so my system is very very powerful.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens
Dean, Statix is correct. Those older games won't run because they are OLD. They just crash.

I can run DOOM 3 at 1920x1200 and get 30fps or more, so my system is very very powerful.
That's good. I was thinking, jeez if he can't even run Quake 1 what's the point.

And I agree with siligoose, I don't see too many people into the screensaver thing anymore back backrounds are still big.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Screensavers are cool for me, as I may be at my computer all day, but not ON it. There are times when I am reading something I have printed at my desk. Basically, to me, I want a cool screensaver and none of the XP Pro savers are any good. They are flat out boring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.