AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked this movie and hoping that a great video transfer will be great in blu ray. Could not find a review here or any other website. It is schedule to be released this Tuesday.

Mr Ian B

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Last I checked Amazon was showing this for Jan 27th.

It is not clear if it has been delayed everywhere or just Amazon.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Received it the other day. Such an underrated movie. Can't wait to hear the lossless DTS-HD MA soundtrack. I hope to find some free time this weekend to sit down and watch it.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I passed on this when it first came out (theater and later rental). But since then I've heard good things. I'll put it in my Netflix Que.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug /forum/post/15693390

I passed on this when it first came out (theater and later rental). But since then I've heard good things. I'll put it in my Netflix Que.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Love the last section and hope it really shines with the DTS-MA. Probably go look for it this weekend.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
its an underrated movie... even if it is nick cannon... but yeah the music and sound was great.. i got it yesterday...

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Regardless of wether you like the move or not you should buy it for an audio and video demo disc. The battle of the bands scene has as much re watch value as any concert video and the drum sounds are breathtaking.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William /forum/post/15695267

Regardless of wether you like the move or not you should buy it for an audio and video demo disc. The battle of the bands scene has as much re watch value as any concert video and the drum sounds are breathtaking.

You just convinced me to clear-out my schedule tonight and watch my Drumline Blu-ray!

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ian B /forum/post/15698602

Thanks guys, will go looking for it this weekend. Looks like Fry's has it for $22.99

Mr Ian B

Drumline available at Bestbuy.com $19.99 just walk in price match.

·
Registered
284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotc /forum/post/15698928

Drumline available at Bestbuy.com $19.99 just walk in price match.

aw man I wish I would have known this that before I ordered it from slow amazon, i'll just have to be patient and wait till it gets here

Edit: just arrived today will post impressions later

·
Registered
134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William /forum/post/15695267

I second that. The sound team did a really good job here. And the movie sounds pretty good for the most part.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
definite demo material on DVD, fun stuff that's outside the normal beaten path...

Anybody with Deftechs in particular should pick this up for setting their subs.

Definite double dip on this guilty pleasure...

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ian B /forum/post/15703519

It is $17.99 till next Thursday at Frys.

Ian B

Just finished watching and it was phenomenal for both audio and video. Talk about detail and surround sound at its best. This is a tier 0 in my book.

Mr Ian B

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
The story itself is maybe a C+. But the final field compitetion is well worth the price of this BD alone. The colors are striking and the Drum-Off is one of the most stylized drumcorp performances I've ever seen. These drummers are technically outstanding, and are a joy to watch. Great choice for Blu-ray.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts