AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finaly got rid of my Pioneer VSX 1015TX and bought myself a Emotiva IPS-1 amp and a LMC-1 processor.Big difference in sound,alot more detail and power!Best move so far.

Anybody else have Emotiva equipment?

·
Registered
366 Posts
 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=850166

This the most current discussion thread, with most of the talk being about the LMC/LPA combo. There is an older thread with a lot more posts, but it ended up degenerating into some serious schoolyard arguing crap and was rightfully abondoned. The first half of it might be worth a look though.

I myself just got a LPA-1 and am using my Onkyo 804 as the pre. I have to say, this setup kicks some major A$$!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarBlar /forum/post/0

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=850166

This the most current discussion thread, with most of the talk being about the LMC/LPA combo. There is an older thread with a lot more posts, but it ended up degenerating into some serious schoolyard arguing crap and was rightfully abondoned. The first half of it might be worth a look though.

I myself just got a LPA-1 and am using my Onkyo 804 as the pre. I have to say, this setup kicks some major A$$!!!

Thanks for the info,i m really enjoying my combo.I ve heard alot of different other amps and processors and at this price no av reciever will sound like this.I m waiting for the processors from Emotiva to hit the street at the end f the year.

·
Registered
194 Posts
When did you redeive the LMC-1? Is there any indication of what software/firmware version it has? Yes, there HAS been a lot of discussion about these products, and a number of us are waiting to hear about some pending upgrades. If yours is very new, perhaps it has some solutions to the issues that have been dogging others?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yep I have the LMC-1 processor and the MPS-1. I too am eagery awaiting their new HDMI 1.3 Pre-Pro (rumored to have up to six HDMI inputs, full audio decoding, and room compensation).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am currently using a 5 channel MPS-1 with a Yamaha RXV-2700. I think it's a great piece of equipment. This difference it has made in my RF-83's is night and day compared to running them off the receiver alone.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I have the LPA-1 with a Yamaha receiver as my pre/pro. Everything sounds great, I'm very satisfied with my LPA-1.

·
Registered
183 Posts
By the looks of it, many people are using a receiver as a processor with the LPA-1 providing the muscle. And rightfully so, the LPA-1 is a tremendous amplifier. It looks good, it sounds good, and is probably the best value in audio that I've ever seen.

I run the LMC-1, which operates fine, with a few quirks, and functionality issues, but it's ok. Now with a receiver like the Yamaha RX-V661, or RX-V861, the LPA-1 would quite possibly be a better that w/the LMC-1. Not sure how all that extra stuff in the 661 or 861 adds up against the minimalist LMC-1. On features the Yammy's have it, hands down, but on sound quality, the LMC-1 is no slouch. And that IS what this is about. For me at least.

I may be upgrading the LMC-1 for the DMC or MMC-1. Leaning toward the DMC-1, but the MMC-1 seems to be the equal, if not better since it has HDMI onboard, but lacks balanced outputs. My amp doesn't have balanced inputs so this is a non issue. And since I don't plan upgrading the amplifier anytime soon, its a real non-issue.

My2C

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have Emotiva gear,and many other types.I really like the value and the sound,no issues for my minimalist set up.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Fire,

How do you like the IPS-1? I have a B&K Receiver and am looking for an upgrade. Unfortunately, many of the Emotiva users are coming from low or mid range receivers. I am really looking for a review / comparison of this amp.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the Emotiva RSP-1&RPA-1 and love them. By the way, there is a raffle going on at av123 for a RSP-1/RPA-1 combo (a $1299 value) with tickets costing $35 and all proceeds going for medical supplies at a Russian Orphanage. But you got tohurry, there are only about 40 tickets left. I hope I didn't break any rules.

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire01 /forum/post/0

Well i finaly got rid of my Pioneer VSX 1015TX and bought myself a Emotiva IPS-1 amp and a LMC-1 processor.Big difference in sound,alot more detail and power!Best move so far.

Anybody else have Emotiva equipment?

Convert from Sony receiver to Emotiva Ultra Theater separates...WOW, what a leap forward in fidelity and power!!!

Ted

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just ordered two BPA-1s to run my Zone 2 and Zone 3 speakers. Great deal at $149 each including shipping. I'll post a report when I recieve them.

·
Registered
742 Posts
DMC1/MPS1 owner here running Axiom M80v2 in the mains. Simply stunning sound, super powerfull. The soundstage is super wide, great depth and height as well. Imaging is superb with well recorded discs. This set of eqiuipment works so well together, one would think they were designed for each other.

Super happy Emo owner....can't wait for the DMC 2 so I can really get the Dolby True HD rockin

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have had my DMC-1 for just about two weeks now and LOVE IT!!!! I came from a Yammy 5790 acting as pre/pro for a B&K 125.5. I have the MPS-1 on order (back order) and can't wait to see if there is much difference between the B&K and the MPS.

No Regrets!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does the LMC1 or the DMC1 has at least HDMI 1.1 that can play the new audio codecs. I saw on the specsheet they have HDMI switching outboard...

·
Registered
422 Posts
dannyhgt- The LMC-1 only switches the video section of the hdmi signal and does not decode any of the info it is fed through that manner. I don't know about the DMC-1 but the rumors are the *-2 processors will handle all of the wonderful new formats we are all dying to utilize.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts