Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with a 3d system and a projector. See link below. I have a LT 150 and thought this could be a cool addition. Imax has several 3D DVD and there are a number of games that use this system.

http://www.3d-home-entertainment.com/index.html

TIA

Todd

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
AVS member Joe Linn and I confirmed that field-sequential 3D works OK on the NEC LT100 DLP projector (predecessor of the LT150 from about four years ago; no guarantees the LT150 will work as well). We had to use the interlaced composite or S-video input (no RGB or progressive scan) and the resolution was pretty poor on a big screen. If scanlines really do annoy you (as your sig says), then you will not be very impressed at the blocky, low-res look of only half the vertical resolution... just 240 lines.

Skip those IMAX films (especially the ones available in a bundle with the kit). They are really lame and even in 3D aren't worth watching more than once.

Personally, I'd advise saving your money and waiting for 3D in an HD format a few years from now. But if you want to try this anyway, you could always unload the 3D kit on eBay if you tire of it or it doesn't work with your projector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.