Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a CyberPower Media Center PC Limited Edition

It has an excellent selection of motherboards as well as audio and video cards.

It looks good (SilverStone ALUMINUM BLACK Stereo Component Case)

I believe it uses AverMedia TV/FM tuner.

Has anybody hade any experience with this?

Best regards,

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ordered from them on Friday after ibuypower gave me the runaround and delayed my order endlessly. Glad I was able to cancel with them and reorder through cyberpower, because the same system ended up being about $150-$200 cheaper, and I was able to order the exact mobo I wanted, the p4p800 deluxe (I purchased the media center limted setup).

I'm supposed to receive it tomorrow, so we'll see what happens...

·
Registered
58 Posts
uhh...didn't arrive today. I called and gave them grief, and after a bit of whining, I got them to upgrade the shipping to overnight from 2-day and give me $39 back (part of the 3-day rush fee I paid). So I'll hopefully have it before the weekend.

Also, I forgot to mention in the first post, that this company (and ibuypower for that matter) seem to be much better if you know what you want from the start -- don't expect their 'customer service' to be able to help you through any decisions or answer any substantive (avsforum-type) questions. Hope their tech support line is better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I know exactly what I want and they have it all except for the TV tuner (I wish they used Hauppauge) - I am worried about quality and about support in case there is a problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (us)

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I got the machine yesterday as promised, and it works great except for what I manage to screw up on my own (see other posts).

By the way, Cyberpower does use Hauppage and NOT Avermedia. It's the Hauppage 250 PVR Roslyn edition.

I've been completely wowed by everything so far great machine.

Only other thing I'd mention is the Silverstone case they sent me was the "1" model, not the "3" that I thought I was getting. The three is the all black in front, and the "one" has the silver stripes across the front. Guess I would have preferred the other one, but it's no big deal to me. Might still call them up next week to see what happened. Other than that, I'd totally recommend them. -- Steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just an update - was using my Cyberpower machine this morning and it just died on me; no power or anything (checked all the usual suspects -- cords, outlet, etc.).

Called tech support; said they would have someone call me back to talk about it. About 3 1/2 hours later I got a call back, and the tech guy walked me through a process to test the power supply which appears to be kaput (I just received the machine on January 30th).

Said that it will take 7 to 10 DAYS TO GET A NEW POWER SUPPLY TO ME, and that they'll send someone to install it, but there's a max of two on-site calls in the warranty period.

Not sure how this relates to general tech support service levels from other vendors as I haven't had the need in the past, but it's pretty disappointing that the machine will be out of service for at least one week (likely two) after receiving it just three weeks ago. I've got half a mind to just return it since it's still in the 30-day money back guarantee window, but I just finished ripping 200 lossless CD's to the hard drive.

Just FYI for potential Cyberpower purchasers.

·
Registered
809 Posts
sangel, CyberPower outsources their tech support. If you call there tech support number it takes a long time to get parts because they have to write the order, send it to CyberPower, CyberPower enters it into their system, they approve it, and then it's shipped to you. If you had waited and called them directly on Monday you could probably have gotten the replacement shipped overnight.

By the way, what type of PS was it. The PS in my CyberPower machine also failed during the first week. They sent me a replacement and I haven't had any troubles since.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll probably call them on Monday anyway to moan about it; maybe I'll have some leverage since I could still technically return the machine.

The power supply is (I believe) a "super quiet" 420w that is supposedly standard with the silverstone case (LC-01 I think?). Probably a different power supply than they historically offered because they just switched over to the silverstone for their HTPC machine from the d. vine case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.