AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you ever get the TV? It's about a $700 saving on the one I'm looking at on their site, so would be worth the wait if it does actually come. I bought a camera years ago from a site like this. I got the call, stuck to the model I wanted, and it did arrive, almost 40% off.
I am also looking to order a Sony XBR75X900F from them. It is several hundred dollars cheaper than any other site that I have found. Personally, I think that there could be some legitimate reasons that they have lower prices. For example: they are fairly new, so they might be trying to get known.

Now, I am a senior citizen who probably isn't the most technological savvy, but I have done several internet searches regarding hdvisionmax.com, and haven't found much negative info on it.

Regarding some of the security info mentioned, I would be paying by Paypal, which I would think would alleviate some concerns.

To save hundreds of dollars, I can put up with some up sell and delays in shipment.

Please feel free to point out other problems or concerns that I have missed.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check out Greentoe.com. I just ordered this set brand new, all in for $2750. Comes from an authorized dealer, full warranty, shipped out the same day, no nonsense. Even cheaper than hdvisionmax.com, and about 1k less than BestBuy.

I am also looking to order a Sony XBR75X900F from them. It is several hundred dollars cheaper than any other site that I have found. Personally, I think that there could be some legitimate reasons that they have lower prices. For example: they are fairly new, so they might be trying to get known.

Now, I am a senior citizen who probably isn't the most technological savvy, but I have done several internet searches regarding hdvisionmax.com, and haven't found much negative info on it.

Regarding some of the security info mentioned, I would be paying by Paypal, which I would think would alleviate some concerns.

To save hundreds of dollars, I can put up with some up sell and delays in shipment.

Please feel free to point out other problems or concerns that I have missed.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update 7/2/2018

So here we go. On Tuesday 6/26 at 11 am I called their offices to see what was happening with my order. I was told by the person on the phone a "Peter" that he needed to call the shipper and would call me back. Of course at 3 pm I still hadn't gotten a call back. So I called again and spoke with Peter again who told me he still hadn't heard back from the shipper but would call me as soon as he did. So trying to pin him down I asked him when that would be. I also told him he had called and told me that the TV would ship from their office on Friday 6/15 then asked him if it was his regular business practice to have a shipment 11 days over due to their office and not have been in contact with the shipper. He of course himmed and hawed about it but assured me he would call me the next day with information about the shipment.

Fast forward to the next day and I get a call from them at about 2 pm EDT. "Peter" told me that my TV was damaged in shipping but after speaking to his boss they were going to be shipping me a new television, the 2018 model instead of the 2017 model for the same price and that I should receive it in the next 7 to 10 days. He told me it would ship the next day on 6/28. So I checked on their website on 6/28 and the order is still listed as Processing I checked on Friday 6/29 and it's still listed as processing. I also checked my credit card account and NO CHARGE has been made to my credit card.

I highly doubt this actually shipped but I'm not giving up now that he promised me a 2018 model. So I'll be calling them "Peter" today to see what there excuse is now.

I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update 7/2/2018

So I just got off the phone with them again. Called to ask if my order had shipped and now they have to "call the warehouse" and "they'll get right back to me."

Made the call about an hour ago and haven't yet gotten a call back.

So here we go with this round of excuses. If I don't hear back today I'll call again first thing tomorrow.

I will keep you all updated!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
same BS as east coast tv...don't give them the time of day...

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Are you familiar with the phrase "getting the run-around"?

Maybe you'll get something out of them eventually, but they seem to be giving you a few too many stories.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Maybe you'll get something out of them eventually, but they seem to be giving you a few too many stories.
As long as he hasn't been charged, he has nothing to lose. Worth the hassle for some people for a heavily discounted TV.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
As long as he hasn't been charged, he has nothing to lose. Worth the hassle for some people for a heavily discounted TV.
Would it though? If the tv was say, $500 off, and by the time they actually ship it, you could get it $1000 off on clearance, then all that hassle was for nothing, and they'd have paid much more. And forget about getting a refund ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update 7/2/2018

So I just got off the phone with them again. Called to ask if my order had shipped and now they have to "call the warehouse" and "they'll get right back to me."

So here we go with this round of excuses. If I don't hear back today I'll call again first thing tomorrow.

Any update?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Had the same experience.
Sent me an email to contact them with a phone number in Maryland.
When I did they asked me for the security code on my credit card (I had noticed when placing the order they didn't ask for it on the website)
He then proceeded to ask me why I purchased an 'old' TV.
I said to him "Please don't try to up sell me"
At that point he got faux offended and told me he wasn't trying to up sell me.
So I asked him why they didn't just ask for my security code when I made the purchase online?
Told me because it was a high price purchase they don't do that then asked why I was being so argumentative.
Told him I wasn't being argumentative and if he now had everything he needed to complete the order.
He said 'yes' and that they have to "order the TV from overseas' again because it's an "old model"

So we'll see how this goes.
I'm a bit weary right at this point especially because the phone number is in Maryland yet the website says they're located at 14 Doty Rd, Haskel, NJ.
So I did a google maps search on that address and it's an industrial area in NJ. The only sign I saw was a sign for International Dimensional Stone. So I called them and they did confirm there is a business in front of that building. So we're good there.

Since I put this on my credit card I'll reserve judgement for a few more days. Their website says "Your order will ship out on the same or next business day, always."

I ordered yesterday. Made the phone call today (Friday June 1, 2018) If I don't get an email confimation of shipping by Monday (the next business day) I'll be canceling the order and calling my credit card company. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.
Any updates on the tv?

·
Registered
1 Posts

This company is a classic bait and switch scam. I'm glad I read this thread. I also called Chris and Rich at clevelandplasma.com and got a great Real deal on the OLED65E7P. They are ligit and I'm glad I called. t

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update 7/2/2018

What happened, its been months ?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Oh an just as an aside here I purchased a Samsung 8000 MU8000 82" LED Smart TV 4K UltraHD - UN82MU8000FXZA. Which is, admittedly, last years model, but isn't by any definition "old"

@Mark Toth - update?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Oh an just as an aside here I purchased a Samsung 8000 MU8000 82" LED Smart TV 4K UltraHD - UN82MU8000FXZA. Which is, admittedly, last years model, but isn't by any definition "old"
@Mark Toth - update?

21 - 40 of 65 Posts