41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Let us know.

·
Super Moderator
15,962 Posts
Please do not post deals outside of the designated areas.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Because you aren't allowed post post actual prices... You can say though "at a good deal" :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mark Toth is a stinker

Unless Mark is under a bridge somewhere courtesy of hdvisionmax, I'm pretty miffed at him. I was riveted by the whole ordeal and to not give us closure is causing me insomnia and random panic attacks. I am undone.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Unless Mark is under a bridge somewhere courtesy of hdvisionmax, I'm pretty miffed at him. I was riveted by the whole ordeal and to not give us closure is causing me insomnia and random panic attacks. I am undone.
Yea, he spent a lot of time describing his experience and then vanished... Seems like this could be a movie.. WHere is he? Was he mysteriously picked up? Did anyone check his trunk?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Reactions: sonofjay817

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Haha, You guys are great. I will say I just got a new samsung Q7FN, and it does look great.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think that answers the question about HDVisionMax. I’m staying far away so my rotting body doesn’t end up in a landfill.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
LOL, I even did PM him, the poster who was sharing his experience... I've heard nothing that way either. We really may need a search party.

On another note, I ended up getting from Best Buy, and then bought extended warranty from Costco, which I didn't think I could do, but they offer it. $99 and 7 years total coverage since done on the costco credit card for the warranty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Greetings! I have been an ardent follower of the ongoing con by the collective scam artists who go by multiple names; hdvisionmax, joesav, zibdeals, TVSuperStores, EastCoastTVs, etc

...and I have GREAT NEWS!

They are now (mostly) absent from google shopping hits along with their blatantly false, manufactured user ratings. YAY! YAY! YAY!

For instance, I have had my eye on the giant Sony 85" X900F for a while and when searching for it, it was always just insufferable to weed through the first top hits polluted with these criminals and their fairy-tale non-existent pricing for their non-existent inventory. As of last week, only ZIBdeals shows up and while it is still probably a scam, the pricing is not as outrageously cheap and they seem to submit that their scam is up by listing in the description that the TV is the "USA retail residential model sold in stores UC2 10 BIT"; which is exactly what they try and upsell you ultimately with their previous bait and switch scam.

For those not in the know, all of the above mentioned "companies" are all actually the same outfit with those individual websites serving as fronts. They reside in New Jersey, all keep the exact same operating hours (closed weekends, normal weekday hours except closing early at 2PM Fridays), and are closed on religious holidays.

FOR YEARS these scammers have baited countless shoppers like myself with bogus too-good-to-be-true pricing of large expensive TVs, claiming at first the TV is in stock and ready to ship (free of course) only to start berating you for choosing the "8bit panel" that doesn't exist, and that it's a panel made in somewhere other than Asia/USA to insinuate lower quality. They then ask for more money to get the legit 10bit panel and nickel and dime just about every other part of the sale from the white glove shipping to warranty. In the end, you are lucky to get a TV at all and if you do it will be month(s) away from receiving. All-the-while these scammers fraudulently put up bogus positive reviews at various 3rd party sites that Google shopping seemed to have no problem using until recently.

Somebody, somewhere in the chain has decided to take action as (most) of the scam websites are gone. Good riddance! I would not be the LEAST BIT SURPRISED if this scam has finally caught the attention of the New Jersey States Attorney General's office.

UPDATE: It looks like these scammers are trying to get wise and put up a new front company website (which is currently the cheapest hit on google shopping) called "Nebraska TV mart" and even use a Nebraska area code for contact (they used area codes from all over the country in their various other forms). BUT BUT BUT! Looky here! These strange operating hours that mimic EXACTLY what their other scam front companies used:

Monday-Thursday 10:00am-6:00pm
Friday 10:00am-2:00 pm
Saturday-Sunday Closed

https://www.nebraskatvmart.com/ContactUs.asp

Go ahead and call them and wonder why a purported Nebraskan company is being answered by staff with thick Joisey accents.

I'm on to you scammers! And hope I've saved a few hours of grief from would-be-victims about to waste their time with these turkeys.

You're welcome :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
So...I'm and idiot. I just recently made a purchase from Nebraskatvmart without doing any research. This is not something I generally do, however I guess I thought it was some sort of affiliation to Nebraska Furniture Mart and my brain was good with then dropping all logic and to jump on the ridiculous too good to be true price.

Needles to say I did some research after the fact and have stumbled upon this forum/thread. I'd really like to cancel the order and be done with it however at this point they already have my card information etc..

I guess I'm posting on here for advice if there's any to give aside from what has already been said and to just add more to the experience.

Hello Mark, are you still alive?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It's no big deal that they have your card number. THey just try to talk you into a different TV after they charge ya. that's the scam. They aren't blatantly charging cards randomly, or they'd be done in no time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's no big deal that they have your card number. THey just try to talk you into a different TV after they charge ya. that's the scam. They aren't blatantly charging cards randomly, or they'd be done in no time.
Good to know, thanks for replying. I guess I'll see where this goes then.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Yeah, as long as it's a credit card, you've got no problems. They may be scumbags, but they are not fraudulent. So they will not charge your card until they ship (which they almost always won't).

Their business model is to bait and switch you into buying an overpriced model.

For everyone else - again, if it's too god to be true... Remember all the major companies will have MAP pricing in effect with authorized dealers, so you will not find much price difference between sellers. Even during big sale days like Black Friday there will often be MAP pricing in effect, and the deal will appear everywhere. (Door crashers excepted, but those models are generally overstocks or obsolete models and not popular ones). Very few sales are done without manufacturer approval, especially big ones (usually the manufacturer is willing to rebate the store for the sale price - so of something goes $200 cheaper, the manufacturer is actually refunding the $200)

41 - 60 of 65 Posts