AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished Heavenly Sword today, and I gotta say, it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The production value of the game is outstanding, and the gameplay was good (although I like GOW/DMC controls better).

Afterward I was watching the making of videos, and was surprised to see Anna Torv (who plays Olivia Dunham on Fringe) doing the voice and motion capture work for Nariko. At first I wasn't really a fan of hers on Fringe, but she's grown on me. Now that I know she was Nariko, it makes me like her even a bit more.

Anyway, I hope I'm not too late to the party on this. I searched this forum and it hadn't been mentioned.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I like Anna Torv, but she wasn't enough to keep me interested in Fringe. I didn't know she was Nariko though, that is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
That seems wierd to have her do the motion capture work unless she's already done stuff like that before. I just can't see her doing that for the game, voice included. Interesting.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I'm a big fan of Anna and Fringe. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the upcoming season.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I didn't like Fringe because I thought the main character had very limited acting skills and facial expressions, as well as a harsh, non-malleable and monotone voice that matched every other aspect of her performance.

Seems I was wrong, if she can do Nariko. Now why are they so different?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Presumably she's acting the way Fringe's producers envisioned the character.

(In a way, it's like the cast of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. No one should judge, say, Samuel Jackson's or Ewan McGregor's acting ability solely by the performances they turned in for those movies; they gave Lucas what he wanted, but they can do a lot more.)

·
Registered
443 Posts
I found out about Anna and Heavenly Sword some time ago. I love the show and I'm waiting for the Season 1 BR to come out. I think she does great as Olivia. She deals with so much crazy stuff and has that "WTF???" expression on her face. I love it! It didn't long for her character to grow on me.

I loved the episode when she is in the mind of the killer but you see HER instead of the killer doing the acts. You get a little ***** action in there too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts