AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think the subject basicly says it all.

Any fix for the SBlive Static problem yet? besides buying new equipment, flashing bios or the 4in1 fix?

It's the stacic caused playing EAX games, I have Win98. An award Bios and a VIA chipset. It has been awhile since I looked into it and since I am here i thought I would ask, the last time i looked into it was on teh Creative forum and it was all messed up, anyone who had the problem was pisst, and anyone who dident, dident care, not even a comment from a creative employe. Anyhoo, the answer was basicly to "get a new card". I thought creative should say on the box that they KNEW it had issues with some chip sets, the answer to that was "it says on the box "Intell or 100% compatible chipset"" I said that VIA is thought to be a 100% compatible chipset, and no one dissigreed, andyways, enough blapering on, it just gets me upset that a company that know about problems just doesent seem to care at all.

sorry for the rant. correct me if i am wrong. thanks.

Edit:

it is a SB Live, 5.1

------------------

Visit my page.
www.geocities.com/a1rabbit2/theater/

[This message has been edited by a1rabbit (edited 05-18-2001).]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is this the same thing as;

when the A/C kicks on I get a drop in sound for a slit sec. or when I touch my reciever a static shock happens an i get a small drop in sound?????

If not is there any fix in that?

Reciever Marentz SR-7000

Soundblaster Live

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi A1Rabbit:

___Not that I can help your problem much but I have installed a few Live Value II’s (non-5.1’s) into VIA KT133A chipsets recently and have not seen the trouble. I have seen the newsgroups light up with the discussion from time to time but it mostly has to do with the VIA chipset and Windows 2000 on an SMP box in particular. The one item that helps the VIA chipset builds is to play the slot shuffle game until your problem goes away. I wish I had better information for you but inserting the Live Value II’s into the slot next to the AGP’s on A7V and A7V133’s under Millennium, I have not heard the crackling/static problem that has been discussed in other forums and newsgroups so many times in the past. As always, the latest 5.1’s and a freshly formatted clean build including the 4-in-1 4.31’s may help.

___As for Creative’s support … I use the Live Value II’s in both VIA and Intel chipsets without any problems but I clean out the garbage left from a Live Ware 3.0 installation each and every time. Also, do not forget that there has been various versions of the 3.0 drivers and application distro for the Live’s and just recently, their was an update to the 5.1’s as well so download the latest and you should be Ok.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.