AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 /forum/post/0

I picked up the brazil and Italy ones today, and there are scenes on these two that destroy any movie released yet on BD or HD-DVD in clarity and detAIL.

Where'd you get it? Amazon has it on pre-order until the end of the month...

·
Registered
739 Posts
This series is not only eye candy. In my opinion it was a well layed out series with some stars lending a hand with narration. Brazil and Australia were my favorite. I've only seen the HD-DVD set and the blu-ray's in single format at the Discovery store. I hope the transfers look better than on TV as you usually loose something. Not to say that they still didn't look outstanding.

·
Registered
739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj /forum/post/0

Did you say you saw a HD DVD box set? Are you sure it wasn't the DVD box set? I can't find any record of a box set for either HD format.

Correct the HD-DVD set. It is $99.99. The DVD set is $79.99. Blu-ray is the same price. They just have not gotten the blu set.

·
Registered
739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj /forum/post/0

Where have you seen the BD set online? I can only find the DVD set (not even HD DVD set). The DVD's are being released on the 30th. I guess no one noticed that these are BD/HD exclusives (for a week)
http://shopping.discovery.com/product-63532.html

This explains at least why the blu-ray set has not been at the Discovery stores. Minus the blu set I've seen all of these in the Discovery store in Austin, Tx for at least the last 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw the HD-DVD set for sale at my Discovery Channel store, but they only had the BDs available for single sale. I think I will go back and pick up the China and Aussie ones tomorrow, just so I have all four.

·
Registered
631 Posts
methos, where did you get these BD's already? I thought they weren't released ANYWHERE until the 30th.

I really want to pick these up as demo material for my theater on my PS3, so I'd like to have them for my big annual Super Bowl party. I'm just concerned about getting them by Feb 4th for the party.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I believe the sets may only be available on HD-DVD and DVD but not on BD.

DeepDiscountDVD have them for about $17 each. So that's about US$68 for the entire thing. If they sell the set, the price should be below US$68 because you're getting the entire thing.

Just like M:I 3 is half the price of the M:I box set.

So far the cheapest online place for these titles I've seen on Froogle is DVDPulse.biz. But they don't have 'em in stock and I've never shopped with them.

fuad

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboJosh /forum/post/0

That helicopter pilot is so hot...........

I really wish they had a semi-extended release list for what other regions they will be doing in the next year. I'm hoping for Japan, Germany, and Dubai.

Yes she is
But so were alot of those girls participating in Carnaval !!!

I'm waiting for them to do a special on Peru, Egypt, India and hopefully Greece.

I doubt they would do a special on just Dubai considering its only one of 7 emirates in the United Arab Emirates and I think they are only doing whole countries.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 /forum/post/0

I picked up the brazil and Italy ones today, and there are scenes on these two that destroy any movie released yet on BD or HD-DVD in clarity and detAIL.

I'm hoping that the BD release of Discovery Atlas: Brazil looks a bit better than the HD-DVD. I received it yesterday from Netflix. It looked a bit soft to me for most scenes, especially the Sao Paulo night scene. It wasn't as eye-popping as the broadcast on DHDT. That's a shame, since I really enjoyed the show and its gorgeous look.

I'm ordering teh BD version to check it out as well.

·
Registered
19,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysebo /forum/post/0

I'm hoping that the BD release of Discovery Atlas: Brazil looks a bit better than the HD-DVD. I received it yesterday from Netflix. It looked a bit soft to me for most scenes, especially the Sao Paulo night scene. It wasn't as eye-popping as the broadcast on DHDT. That's a shame, since I really enjoyed the show and its gorgeous look.

Why would it look better or different? If anything it would the same because it would be encoded the same way. I'm not sure why it looks different than broadcast too, as it should also look as good or better.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.