AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Whats your price budget? I believe sony will have 2 very good ips panel 4k tvs coming out in like a month. 850c and 900c. Id take either of those over an LG ips 4k tv.
I'm looking between $3000.00/$3500.00 I got the 65x850b but I'm thinking of returning it and waiting to see what the new line up will look like. Does the new ones have the quad processor and the x1?

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
I'm looking between $3000.00/$3500.00 I got the 65x850b but I'm thinking of returning it and waiting to see what the new line up will look like. Does the new ones have the quad processor and the x1?
The new sony will be much better. Motionflow 240 has been upgraded to Motionflow 960. Should be right in your pricerange too! Throw in x1 and yea itll much better.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok sounds good, i have to bring the 850b back I just spotted a dead pixel on the top of the screen. Looks like no more 4k for me for the next couple months. And this panel lotto sucks!

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
Ok sounds good, i have to bring the 850b back I just spotted a dead pixel on the top of the screen. Looks like no more 4k for me for the next couple months. And this panel lotto sucks!
I alsp had the x850b the uniformity was god aweful took mine back too!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I alsp had the x850b the uniformity was god aweful took mine back too!
I guess I'm not the only one then, what did you end up with for a TV?

·
Registered
15,188 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to know if anyone would know of any good ips panels that display 4k? I tried va panel but with my seating area it does not work.
Panasonic AX900 is probably the best IPS TV ever made, but possibly some uniformity issues reported and may not fit your budget.

Review of the AX900 recently posted here on AVS: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...65ax900-lcd-tv-official-avs-forum-review.html
Sounds like a good TV, but I think it's well over my budget. The joys of shopping for a new TV, I'm just glad I have this forum for the help. ;)

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
some say it is. but the viewing angles are to narrow for it to be
That's not true. The viewing angles completely hold their color from even the most severe angle. Its obvious even at best buy the 850b is the only tv on the wall to keep its colors even down 15 to 20 feet off the side. U sure your not thinking of a different tv?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What about the Vizio m series coming out it say it has full led backlighting the M70-C3.
Look at the title of the thread,

All 70" Vizio's (as well as 65" and 60") are VA-LCDs...
Well if that's what they are then that's a no for me, and they sounded like a good set. Unless the viewing angles are not as bad as samsumgs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts