AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good fairly low priced Fluid Monopod + Fluid Head Combinations that anyone can recommend for use with compact system cameras that shoot video? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
True "fluid heads" are beyond my budget. The best I've been able to do is "fluid like", meaning relatively smooth panning. I usually assume I'll have to clip off the beginning and end as there will be a slight jerk, but once in motion it will be smooth enough for what I do.

My current favorite is a Dolica I bought in a Costco store in December. It was only $90. Costco still has it on their website. They also have a $260 "deluxe" Dolica that has "an ultra smooth fluid pan and tilt movement" as well as a monopod feature.

Bill

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD90  /t/1522002/any-good-and-300-00-fluid-monopod-fluid-head-combos-out-there#post_24467069

Any good fairly low priced Fluid Monopod + Fluid Head Combinations that anyone can recommend for use with compact system cameras that shoot video? Thanks.

SD - a $152 Manfrotto 560B-1 fluid monopod with a $105 Manfrotto 128RC Micro Fluid Head will do a great job for cameras up to 8 lbs.

Manfrotto makes top quality tripods, monopods and fluid heads. Very smooth, and in this case, affordable.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill B.
Hybrid Camera Revolution

1 - 4 of 4 Posts