AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my components are black and adding a silver DVR is not desirable. It seems there are very few in black. I am looking for good video and a small HD is fine. TV guide programing and a cable box IR controller would be desirable. Thanks for any input. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Panasonic DMR-ES10 is black

Not too many that I know of . Sorry this panny won't have a hard drive though ! Also there are a few cheapies that are black..."Govideo" is the only one I can think of off the top of my head . Try going on a auction site like EBAY and search "DVD recorders", You'll get over a thousand recorders to look at and scroll till you find a black one , find out what brand it is and write it down . When you are done with that maybe come back here and write your list and let some of the more knowledgeable members pick the best from your list . How does that sound . Good Luck !!

Dwain

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_S
All my components are black and adding a silver DVR is not desirable. It seems there are very few in black. I am looking for good video and a small HD is fine. TV guide programing and a cable box IR controller would be desirable. Thanks for any input. :)
We here in the AVS Forum do not engage in any preferential treatment based on race, creed, color, religion or national origin.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonk
We here in the AVS Forum do not engage in any preferential treatment based on race, creed, color, religion or national origin.

....and that my friends, is what makes AVS Forum head and shoulders above the rest.

Why we even allow Newfies to join... :eek: :D

Someone said even Rednecks are allowed.....but they can't join the Golf Club. :p

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I'm a member of the Country Club, do my drinkng from a dixie cup...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Quote:
Pioneer's PRV-9200 is very black. But it does not have the TV Guide EPG or an IR controller, and it is rather expensive.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Crutchfield.com is one of the few places that sell the black-colored version of a popular DVD player or recorder, if one is available.

If they don't have it, you'll either have to buy an expensive high-end professional model like the Pioneer mentioned above (I think there is an equivalent Panasonic model as well), or it simply doesn't exist.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal
Pioneer's PRV-9200 is very black.
This is true. I looked at this unit and I asked myself how much more black could it be. And the answer was none. None more black...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Webscout,

There are two groups of people in this world - the ones that were born in Newfoundland and the ones that wish they were!

Regards from a proud Newfie!

Rick

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vferrari
This is true. I looked at this unit and I asked myself how much more black could it be. And the answer was none. None more black...
....but I understand that the Pio 9200 units do go to 11.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Bob_S, Buy the recorder that fits your needs & it's probably not going to be a black one! Then get out the Black Spray Paint or Black Contac Paper :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick58
Hey Webscout,

There are two groups of people in this world - the ones that were born in Newfoundland and the ones that wish they were!

Regards from a proud Newfie!

Rick

Rick...I have not had the pleasure of going to Newfoundland....I come from La Belle Province........ I am a proud Canadian (live in Ontario):cool:

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Quote:
i don't feel so bad i bought the panasonic for pq and so i could get it in black as silver reminds me of the cheap gear i had in the 70's that stayed in the shop more than my rack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.